Boat registered

frankS

Finally. I bit the ballet yesterday and went and obtained another Blue slip for the trailer as the first one I got was out of date when I tried to register it about 6 months ago.

Went to Services NSW this morning and after 1 1/2 hours waiting at the counter window while 3 attendants tried to do the paper work ( I kid you not it took this long and 3 bods pointing at the computer screen and paperwork ) Anyhow it was finally done both Boat and Trailer fully registered and legal.

Now it's time for me to get off my arse and finish off many jobs that are half done, and go to the shop and purchase a few items.

First on the list of things to buy is a sounder come GPS and I have decided on a 9" Lowrance sounder and GPS, next comes the Epirb a GME 406 mhz gps model, then the small stuff like flairs, air horn floating torch fire extinguisher ( current extinguisher has no date on it so presume it's out of date ) I will use my inflatable life jackets from my Brooker as they have never been unwrapped. 

Putting off buying the anchor lock electric motor for now till I get some more dollars. So I guess I will have to invest in some rope for the anchor and make up a painter for ease of anchoring, Either that OR not anchor. Law states you need anchor as part of safety equipment.

Anyhow it's all registered and ready to go except for finishing off the many jobs left to do , so some time soon the Savage will be introduced to water.

Frank

• Like 13

Something I found quiet funny is the cost of registering the boat was $72 so I gave her $102 so as to not get coin in my change and she had great difficulty working out how much change I should get as she didn't have her calculator with her.

Frank

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well done Frank, time to get out into the Bay to get among them. With a bit of luck I may be able to join you in the new year.

Neil.

Neil. Should be up and running by Xmas so looking forward to you coming up and spending a few days fishing the briny.

I have ordered the rego stickers and they say they will be here around 24th Dec, so really can't use boat till I put the rego numbers on.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, frankS said:

Finally. I bit the ballet yesterday and went and obtained another Blue slip for the trailer as the first one I got was out of date when I tried to register it about 6 months ago.

Went to Services NSW this morning and after 1 1/2 hours waiting at the counter window while 3 attendants tried to do the paper work ( I kid you not it took this long and 3 bods pointing at the computer screen and paperwork ) Anyhow it was finally done both Boat and Trailer fully registered and legal.

Now it's time for me to get off my arse and finish off many jobs that are half done, and go to the shop and purchase a few items.

First on the list of things to buy is a sounder come GPS and I have decided on a 9" Lowrance sounder and GPS, next comes the Epirb a GME 406 mhz gps model, then the small stuff like flairs, air horn floating torch fire extinguisher ( current extinguisher has no date on it so presume it's out of date ) I will use my inflatable life jackets from my Brooker as they have never been unwrapped. 

Putting off buying the anchor lock electric motor for now till I get some more dollars. So I guess I will have to invest in some rope for the anchor and make up a painter for ease of anchoring, Either that OR not anchor. Law states you need anchor as part of safety equipment.

Anyhow it's all registered and ready to go except for finishing off the many jobs left to do , so some time soon the Savage will be introduced to water.

Frank

Massive milestone reached Frank.... can't wait for that first fisho report from the rig ... I'm sure it will be a very very sweet report... you've probably dreamt it a few times already.  Congrats ! 👍   👏

Cheers Zoran

I worked for the DMT/RTA/RMS for 52 years and managed nearly half the registries in NSW when relieving managers on leave and managed an office for another 9 years.  In those days staff took pide in their knowledge.  About 8 years ago Motor Registrys were taken over by Service NSW and the majority of knowledgeable staff took a redundancy package and left.  I had been out of the Registrys for 15 years when I took a package and also left.  Ron 

I kind of think combining the RTA registration thing with other Government departments was not such a great idea, it might be better for the Government, but the end user (you and I) have to wait in line with various other people for service in different things, all in the same place. The line at my local Service NSW is way out the building, winding around the other shops, that's before you even get in.

hi guys i usually go to maritime at rozelle for my boating stuff as service nsw havnt been trained in all maritime services as i have found out before. anyways i asked the bloke behind the counter are they doing renos for you guys as the walls wernt all intact etc .and the answer i got was . they are turning us into a service for nsw we no longer will be maritime i said boooo