Blowing the cobwebs out for the flatties

61 crusher

After not using the boat since February tried going out on Monday , reversed the boat off the trailer to the sound of an alarm & gauge saying see dealer “faulty injector” bugger me reload & drop boat at the mechanics & pick up the following day, all sorted🤞

Take two Wednesday, boat comes off the trailer & no horrible alarms 😄 Head outside & greeted to a white capped southerly sea. After reaching the 45m mark I decided to deploy theses anchor which kept the drift at about .6 to .8 knots heading north which made it fish able in lumpy conditions 

Did one long drift with a short run back over a spot that I’d picked up a good flattie on which returned two more sizeable ones6373B92E-2C24-4CF4-8B24-423EFF9FF9F3.thumb.jpeg.a141d96074cf04389fa29d2887cbf6d9.jpegended up with four over 60cm,one flounder & 9 fish in total after probably throwing back 10+ spikies & another 10 flatties ranging from 35 to low 40’s back. Happy to have some fresh fish for Christmas 

Merry Christmas to all the raiders, stay safe & enjoy the good times with family & friends 🎅🏻

• Like 9

How good did it feel to blow out the cobwebs? 
And as a bonus you brought home a good feed. Win win! Next time don’t leave it so long between sessions Dieter! Ya boats not built for the driveway 😂😂

Merry Xmas mate! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, GordoRetired said:

Boat = Bung On Another Thousand... There always seems to be something needing fixing 🙂

The older I get the more I feel like needing fixing

On 12/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, GordoRetired said:

Good haul of fish there. Wish I could snag a few Flounder on my Flathead drifts, they are so good to eat.

One of my favourites haven’t got a good one in a while, went 37cm

On 12/23/2021 at 12:25 PM, Pickles said:

Way to go ‘Crusher, the flatties out wide have been on fire since water temp has got up a bit. A really nice bag there👍👍

Your not wrong there Bob, it was a rough ride out & with the wind & seas I was aiming for 50m but around 45m I saw a bit of foul on the map & thinking my drift was going to be N westerly I’d miss it but with the anchor out headed due north & ran straight over it without snagging & soon after that’s where the big ones we’re 

PS thanks for the heads up on depth 😎👍👍

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

How good did it feel to blow out the cobwebs? 
And as a bonus you brought home a good feed. Win win! Next time don’t leave it so long between sessions Dieter! Ya boats not built for the driveway 😂😂

Merry Xmas mate! 

It felt bloody good mate, even better with a full esky & doing 21+ knots on the way back in, she’s a street ornament for the spiders for way to long 😆

Have a great Chrissy with your loved one’s Jeff 🎅🏻🍺 all the best mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1