The points and rank system.

bessell1955

As far as I know they reward members that contribute and help others with comments and posts.

I'm a gold member and waiting for admin to reward me with the lifetime platinum award for having their boat locked away in the garage the longest and being the best fish bait feeder and worse fisherman ever.

Now that award I'd cherish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Thanks for asking @bessell1955

If you check on your drop down list found top right (3 lines) you will find a long list.

Select leaderboard and you can find info. Find who has most posts all time, weekly, monthly. 

Check on your own or other members profiles to see points. Look at the pic below of Scratchie’s profile.

He has 4374 points - these are because he receives lots of reactions to his posts. 
He has also made 7,762 posts. 

If a member never posts he/she will not receive reactions or get points. 

The rank system goes on post count - you will see I am a sailfish. I have the most posts on fishraider (member since 2005) 

Hope this helps.

F042FDF6-3296-4BE7-B3EF-2B83C37BF1EB.jpeg

0CA79003-B41A-4806-B706-42BE80DBC503.png

• Like 1

Thank for all for your input, it has been very informative.  The reason I raised this issue was not from a negative perspective but it is from an informative one.   I just was trying to gain an informed view of how the system works.  I have no issues with the current system. I do hope this places my request in its correct perspective.  Thank you once again. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, maccapacca said:

Pretty simple question, but where are the rules? I have a vague idea of what they are but just curious as to where I could find them as iv looked and haven’t seen any

Macca,

Rules are here: 

It is in the ‘Site News’ section.

Good question @bessell1955, I’ve been a Raider for quite a few years and still haven’t worked this out - don’t really care as Dave says, it’s about “sharing and caring” and encouraging our sport and camaraderie.

Edited by Pickles
Word missing
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Good question @bessell1955, I’ve been a Raider for quite a few years and still haven’t worked this out - don’t really are as Dave says, it’s about “sharing and caring” and encouraging our sport and camaraderie.

You are a Jewfish 👍

If you hit the little icon on the person’s avatar next to their name you will see the list. 
It’s all in fun and some folk like to earn things.

For example many years ago swordie decided we should have records for fish captures. 
We set it all up and I grabbed a little badge making program and people still love the badge on their signature. 
There are so many improvements I could do but I don’t own this site anymore. 
I just manage the community. Glad you enjoy it Bob👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Swordie said to tell you he is a Guppie.

He also wants to know how deep are the cuts in your hands from the handline 😁

The handline cuts are not too deep, but my finger is still sore from where I cut off a little bit of the fingertip (not fishing, but cutting up veges at home with a half sharp knife) I found the tip in the potato slices. :074:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

He was highest rank of Swordfish.

There was a point in time where we moved servers and everyone’s post count dropped. 

I will look into the ranking tomorrow. Not so sure it is still on post count. 

Don't hear much about his fish captures as of recent times, so guppie ranking might be suitable. 🤣

9 hours ago, Yowie said:

Don't hear much about his fish captures as of recent times, so guppie ranking might be suitable. 🤣

I could make a new rank "Bottom Feeder" meaning any marine creature that lives on the seabed and feeds by scavenging :biggrinthumb:

C'mon I post every time we go out for both of us. Lake Mulwala catching Murray Cod, Lake Hume catching Redfin, his recent trip to Deniliquin to fish with Big Neil 

There is a post about pandemic hobbies making his lures and videos of him and shroom testing them out. There are many other videos or him and shroom too. 

Truth is he has a veryyyy old desktop computer and an older not that smart phone. He is like many of the older folk and is reluctant to upgrade. 

I might have to wait until he goes out fishing and install more up to date equipment!!

Back to @bessell1955 with his very sensible question

Here is an old post about this and a pic of the old ranks which had pips under the members profile.

I will look at the system as it is now after many, many, many upgrades and report back on the system as it is now

post-869-056767200 1325147122_thumb.jpeg

2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

C'mon I post every time we go out for both of us. Lake Mulwala catching Murray Cod, Lake Hume catching Redfin, his recent trip to Deniliquin to fish with Big Neil 

There is a post about pandemic hobbies making his lures and videos of him and shroom testing them out. There are many other videos or him and shroom too. 

Truth is he has a veryyyy old desktop computer and an older not that smart phone. He is like many of the older folk and is reluctant to upgrade. 

I might have to wait until he goes out fishing and install more up to date equipment!!

I'm not doubting your excellent posts Donna.

It's just that I hear a lot from you, know what I'm saying, you may have to upgrade his media equipment. :chair:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks for asking @bessell1955

If you check on your drop down list found top right (3 lines) you will find a long list.

Select leaderboard and you can find info. Find who has most posts all time, weekly, monthly. 

Check on your own or other members profiles to see points. Look at the pic below of Scratchie’s profile.

He has 4374 points - these are because he receives lots of reactions to his posts. 
He has also made 7,762 posts. 

If a member never posts he/she will not receive reactions or get points. 

The rank system goes on post count - you will see I am a sailfish. I have the most posts on fishraider (member since 2005) 

Hope this helps.

F042FDF6-3296-4BE7-B3EF-2B83C37BF1EB.jpeg

0CA79003-B41A-4806-B706-42BE80DBC503.png

Hi Donna,

my dropdown only has this. Is there a setting I need to change?

ta

Richard

4111840B-78BF-4D0B-BC6B-64B6A663E762.jpeg

• Like 1