Where to sell?

Fab1

Where have you guys had success selling boats over the years?Usual haunts like Gumtree,Boatsales,Facebook,word of mouth,etc,etc?I haven’t sold anything in donkeys years.

I’m suspecting it depends on the type of boat,value,time of year,etc.?

The time has come come spring me thinks.

cheers.

i found you you get less tyre kickers on boat sales but far less phone calls than gumtree -facebook so apples for apples .you just need the right buyer to come along when your selling cheers dunc333

I guess what it amounts to is simple, if the price is right, and the item is OK, then it will sell. Facebook is free, but open to low ball offers and tyre kickers, in these times, people will buy because there is short supply of good used boats.

Well you could try eBay but be warned you will get some twit asking if you can post it to them 🤣

I have heard from a few guys I know that they are  happy selling on Facebook,used Gumtree a few times - never had any joy selling things there but have bought a few things with no probs .

eBay now charges 13% of final selling fee ... so can get expensive.... but you can always factor that into your eBay selling price ... just make sure you don't go below that price. (note: I've had the same item advertised on eBay and $600 cheaper on gumtree ... the person chose to buy it on eBay - their choice).

I sold barrycuda on boatsonline ... was charged a lower and simpler fee structure than boatsales. The exposure was just the same as far as I could tell.

I summarised my experiences here previously..

Best of luck Fab!

Cheers Zoran

I have sold a heap of rods, 2 cars and a boat on facebook.  Check if facebook has a local group as people like to deal with locals. 

You can be lucky sometimes as I made an add up for a 4.5m Quinnie  to place on ebay and printed it and placed on Woolies buletin board.  The buyer phone me before I got home. 

There seems to be a shortage of good boats at the moment but this is usually a bad time of year to sell, with beginning of summer being the best.  Ron 

I tried to sell my old Brooker 14 footer on here, tried on Gumtree and tried on Facebook, thought I was asking a cheapish price, no luck.

I am going to take it down to Bermagui and put it in the paddock with a 4 sale sign on it and see how it goes.

Frank

Thanks for the replies everyone.

My boat is in excellent condition so that’s a bonus.

I’ll advertise it as excellent vessel for feeding bait to fish and having never had even a fish scale in it.

I’ll even put a clause in the sale that states whoever buys it must hunt bloody Yowie down for taking all my fish.😂

I’ll make final decisions come spring if it goes or stays but one thing I know it’s no good sitting  in garage.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Fab,

good luck with selling your boat, hope it goes well.

As for your fishing knowledge of Port Hacking, I am offering the below coin. Sorry that I did not have any smaller change.  :074:

fish.jpeg.358_files_files_files.jpg

• Haha 4

Seems no matter where you sell you'll get time vampires but you can usually tell who is genuine and who isn't. There is a demand for boats at the moment so sales shouldn't be too hard.

Someone mentioned ebay. I wouldn't go near ebay. No only are the fee's stupidly high but they also hold the money for a certain amount of time. 

good luck

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:16 AM, noelm said:

I guess just for kicks, you could place an add on a free site, for considerably more than you really want and see if you get a buyer, you just never know.....

I’ll see mate.I’ll decide if I keep it come spring or ask the son in-law if he wants it for free or sell it.One of those 3 options will happen when the time comes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fab1 said:

l see mate.I’ll decide if I keep it come spring or ask the son in-law if he wants it for free or sell it.One of those 3 options will happen when the time comes.

Can I be your son in law, I’ll even show you how to get a fish on your hook😄🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 61 crusher said:

Can I be your son in law, I’ll even show you how to get a fish on your hook😄🤣

You would actually have to hook the fish yourself, then throw it into his boat. :074:

• Haha 3