No flathead but

Bryant fish

Hi all headed down  to  parsley bay brooklyn  around  6 am today intended to do a squid fish early and see if any flathead  around outside. Swell was too rough so straight into pittwater .first cast with a (old dirty yamishita 3 )in white was onto a squid tied a spike with a pillie on and drifted around  nothing on that .changed that over to a small Orange jig and caught more squid.  Most came on white one.Tried to head outside again but still too rough so back to Pittwater squid were going off I caught over a dozen up to 25 cm hood size did use cut squid  bait and got smashed  a few times got  a few small flathead but not worth keeping also pulled up by maritime and fire extinguisher was apparently  too rusty I'm  meant  to get a official warning in mail won't be happy  if it's a fine anyway great to be on water again and happy with a feed of squid as I've struggled with them lately I could have got plenty  more but don't rate them frozen  as bait and normally only get enough  for 1 meal  for the family so not sure if they freeze ok for food 

• Like 8

"normally only get enough  for 1 meal  for the family so not sure if they freeze ok for food". There are many who believe that freezing them makes them more tender. Not sure about that but frozen squid is excellent to eat.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:52 AM, Bryant fish said:

Yeah I was referring to frozen squid  as bait had some left over so froze it will take it next session see how it goes only used store bought before

Nice report. Next session I think you'll find fresh squid properly treated and frozen make a great bait as yowie suggested.