Does anyone know any good spots around Picnic Point?

Lucxa

17 hours ago, Lucxa said:

Hey guys, just seeing if anyone had any good spots around Picnic Point way on the Georges River lately? Was down yesterday by Mill Creek and caught one lovely Trev, but have been targeting flatty and bream :)

Hi Lucxa. I don't live in Sydney, so I can't help with specific places to fish. I would like to help you find places where you may find your quarry though.

Consider what your target species need for their existence. Flathead are ambush predators. They will lie partly submerged in the bottom waiting for something to come by. This often happens when the tide conditions force bait fish from the shallows...so drop offs are a good area to target.

Bream hang around structure. Bridge pylons, fallen trees, jetties and other sub surface areas are likely holding spots.

Fish have very few "needs" to stay alive. Simply they need to eat and not get eaten. So look for places where they can find food and hide from becoming food.

One other bit of advice that I would give you is to just get out and explore the areas around Picnic Point. The satisfaction you will get from trying different areas will be immense. I would also encourage you to watch a couple of YouTube videos by Shroom and Golden Hour Fishing. Look at the areas that they catch fish in and translate that to the places which you fish. 

Good luck with the journey mate, enjoy the ride. I hope to read of your successes down the track. bn

• Like 3