Flatty On Fly

Ben Hall

1 hour ago, Isaac Ct said:

Impressive capture on the fly, well done.

Hopefully some bigger ones to come, definitely looking forward to more.

Thanks mate, big Flatty are pretty special in my opinion. We all dream of that 1m fish, one day I hope

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 7:12 AM, big Neil said:

That would have got the adrenaline flowing Ben. Great to see folks catching fish species using unorthodox methods.  bn

Oh yeah when you know it's a good Flatty you've got all them thought going through your head, hope it's not hooked too deep and rubs me, hope it doesn't shake the fly out boat side, sure is a relief when it's in the net. I've caught a few bigger ones on fly but this is first big one for this season.

And fishing fly is so much fun, can be very challenging at times but the more you do it the better you get and I just can't put the fly rod down. Very satisfying catching on a fly I tied aswell

IMG_20220903_075508_289.jpg

• Like 3

Hi @Ben Hall

Well done.

Suggest you submit this for the records section. Currently there is no record for a dusky flathead on fly.

Also being over 70cm it is a cracking placeholder in this category.

There will probably be a few of us chasing for this record in the coming summer.

Regards,

Derek

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DerekD said:

Hi @Ben Hall

Well done.

Suggest you submit this for the records section. Currently there is no record for a dusky flathead on fly.

Also being over 70cm it is a cracking placeholder in this category.

There will probably be a few of us chasing for this record in the coming summer.

Regards,

Derek

Thanks Derek,

I might just do that but I might put my pb on fly in the records which is 78cm so it hopefully takes a bit more to beat. But here's hoping we all get some solid ones this summer.

Cheers Ben

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ben Hall said:

Thanks Derek,

I might just do that but I might put my pb on fly in the records which is 78cm so it hopefully takes a bit more to beat. But here's hoping we all get some solid ones this summer.

Cheers Ben

If you have the photo with the tale of the tape then that would be perfect. Harder for me and the rest. :mfr_lol:

Be nice to see a few more fly lure records.

6 minutes ago, DerekD said:

If you have the photo with the tale of the tape then that would be perfect. Harder for me and the rest. :mfr_lol:

Be nice to see a few more fly lure records.

Thanks DerekD, 

I've just sent something through to Scatchie to see if he can approve the record of my 78cm Flathead.

20191213_115950.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ben Hall said:

Thanks DerekD, 

I've just sent something through to Scatchie to see if he can approve the record of my 78cm Flathead.

20191213_115950.jpg

Well done mate, that is a honking flattie on a fly. 

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Just now, Isaac Ct said:

Well done mate, that is a honking flattie on a fly. 

Congratulations.

Thanks mate, it was back in  December 2019 on my 6wt using a 1/0 Clouser white/yellow with red double pupil eye from Saltwater flies Australia 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...