Bate bay (wide) Monday 19/9

Crabstar

Top day out!

Picked up the new renegade 2 weeks ago and after not fishing for 3months or so I was busting to get out.

Headed out early from swallow rock and made our way to the entrance, greeted with a lumpy swell and sea so tried for squid while we watched the conditions, surely it abated by 7am so off we went.

Fished the 24m mark for small ones flathead all returned, move again to 30m found a few legals, move out further to the 40-50m mark and that’s where we got some good sized ones.

Wind picked up about 830am and conditions went down hill so decided to call it quits and take the flatties home…

pictures of the flatties and the new ride!

8DDF093C-F180-4945-98BA-11182B701E5F.jpeg

2B0D8FFD-2477-40D1-9084-21F8E9F94DA9.jpeg

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Squidless said:

Nice bag of flatties and thats a nice looking boat - jealous! Did you manage to get any squid? I was out at the entrance as well tofay but didnt manage get any.

Hey mate, tried for an hour along the rocks on the left when you head out, usually do good but got a good sized 0.

thinking about going out again tomorrow 

• Like 1

Nice bag of flatties. I was thinking of heading outside this morning, but the forecast was for the wind to pick up early, so stayed up river. Less wind forecast for Tuesday.

I remember a boat similar going past, but there were a few heading outside at a guess. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crabstar said:

Hey mate, tried for an hour along the rocks on the left when you head out, usually do good but got a good sized 0.

thinking about going out again tomorrow 

Definitely seems like it is tough going for everyone one on the squid.

Definitely go out again if you can. You can never go too much 😅

• Like 1

Nice bag. We headed out a few weeks back prediction was slight swell, but as wet popped last jibbon it was at least 2m. Fished close for an hour for a few under sized and headed home.

later that day we were off Jibbon with the fam and the swell had dropped to about 0.8 

Should have stayed a few more hours lol 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 12:11 PM, Plumb said:

Nice bag. We headed out a few weeks back prediction was slight swell, but as wet popped last jibbon it was at least 2m. Fished close for an hour for a few under sized and headed home.

later that day we were off Jibbon with the fam and the swell had dropped to about 0.8 

Should have stayed a few more hours lol 

Always the way ain’t it