Roadtrip Day 1- Jervis Bay

AlbertW

Good Evening Raiders,

Today is the first day of my roadtrip down to Eden. We arrived at our motel in Jervis Bay at around 4pm and after checking in and setting up I grabbed my bream rod for a quick flick and arrived at a boat ramp with some prawns. When I first got there, I had a little trouble setting up as on my first cast I snag up and break my line at my mainline. After that small yet frustrating experience it was frustrating as people around me were pulling out undersized bream every minute or so, I rigged up a tiny circle hook with a tiny running sinker. Few casts out towards some boats resulted in only nibbles of the small bream schools, however I suddenly had the great idea of fishing right beneath me as I was on a jetty, as I watched my line sink down suddenly my rod loads up and the fish nearly pulls me under but I managed to pull it out and land it with some help of a fellow fisho. Nice silver trevally which measured at 37cm.
867814642_35cmtrevallyfromJervisBay.thumb.jpg.5dae340a3b31fc9f21dc95299742328b.jpg

It was a bit quiet after that I decided to move to a different wharf, some more prawn on the rig resulted to a just legal 25cm bream and around a bakers dozen of undersized luderick biggest measuring 26cm.

248951782_25cmbreamJervisBay.thumb.jpg.e8763568dffbb89e7a981a5f6b1f7fcb.jpgLuderick.thumb.jpg.477771d3d8659563da2bc6983dfaa1a3.jpg

I’m going to try a different deeper wharf tomorrow morning so hopefully I’ll post tomorrow as well.

Thanks for reading

Cheers,

Albert

• Like 22

You are a very fortunate young man Albert, never forget that. I love your passion for fishing! Like everyone else, I look forward to reading your adventures as you make your way South to Eden.

You have come a long way from the kid who knew little about catching fish to the mad keen, try anything teen. You had a very good instructor in Derek, and what he taught you is paying off today.

Safe travels and good fishing.

bn

• Like 1