Challenge Completed

jed38

Before work finished for the Xmas break I set a workmate and myself a challenge over the holidays. We had 2 weeks off and in that time we had to catch a Blackfish, a Bass and a Flattie.

1st day off I set off to Middle Harbour to chase a few Luds as I already had to take one of my sons over to Coogee for his Xmas party. The gods were on my side with a calm swell and a few Luds about, managed 2 and dropped another at my feet. 1 of 3 complete...

image.jpeg.d42d2f4e4862609934c4bf05b3c35cb9.jpeg

After the Xmas/New Year celebrations were over I decided to target the Bass. Now I've only ever fished for Bass once before and that was a good 10yrs ago. I had a few lures but decided a new one was in order, a nice colorful cicada would be the go.

Buddied up with a mate and headed to Cattai Creek up near home. Well the day didn't go to plan as I broke the tip of my rod off after about 15mins and that put an end to that session. A quick trip to BCF that arvo to use a Xmas gift voucher and a new rod was purchased.

Next day headed to Yarramundi by myself and launched the Kayak at 6am to a beautiful and peaceful morning. Needless to say this day ended better with 4 bass landed..2 of 3 complete.

image.thumb.jpeg.e541032d47a837b6b2d28472d3ee629d.jpeg

One to go...

Checked the tides and decided a high to low session out of Berowra Waters sounded good. Pulled the tinnie out of the backyard, gave it a good clean and ran the outboard...all good and ready to go. Launched yesterday around 8am and spent 5hrs flicking Cranka Crab lures along the edges, another beautiful day and success with a legal Flattie landed. A few more would have been nice but hey challenge completed...3 of 3....woohoo!!!

image.jpeg.07a1782a37d688439b9489f806805416.jpeg

I haven't fished that much in ages and really enjoyed the different techniques used to target each species. Next year I'll have to add another species to the list. 

Tight lines everyone and Happy New Year.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Well done completing the challenge. 
So, did you win the Triples Trophy or did your workmate beat you to it?

Still 3 days to go so not quite sure how he's going on the challenge. 

• Like 1