Porthacking and bommie

kobi caught a fish

Yesterday morning I went out with my brother and my dad, we were on the water by 6 and went straight out to the Bommie. We got there and immediately there was slimys and yellowtail at the back of the boat but the reef fish were quiet and we only got a nice rock cod and and sea perch.

then we went and had a drift for flathead we started in 40m of water and got one nice flathead. Then we tried two more drifts for no more decent fish.

We moved back to the Bommie but there was nothing around and we ended up catching slimies on light gear for some action.

we moved back into the river and fished the deep water around lilli pilli for no success. Then we went and pumped some nippers and fished around Mainbar for only a few small bream. Then we went and fished at lilli pilli got one nice bream then nothing else.

then we moved up the river and found the fish we immediately caught a nice bream and a couple of flathead. Then we were off the water by 3 just before the storm came through.

2EF07F29-08BE-4F27-B974-C3D2EA9211CD.thumb.jpeg.bde1e272c6c09c6a4fbdd545714767ed.jpeg

• Like 11

On 1/5/2023 at 7:00 PM, Restyle said:

nice varity of fish, mullet would make good bait strips

We might eat the mullet or use it at swr

On 1/5/2023 at 7:19 PM, Pickles said:

Thanks for sharing @kobi caught a fish - slimies fight well on light gear, make great bait and if bled when caught, taste great.

The slimies definitely do go hard

On 1/5/2023 at 7:40 PM, Yowie said:

Good work there Kobi. A nice mixed bag of fish, and plenty for the table.

The flatties outside have been a bit hard to find lately amongst the small spikies.

We struggled to find even the spikies 

On 1/5/2023 at 9:03 PM, Blackfish said:

Great variety there Kobi, some good chewing certainly.

Certainly is

22 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Great mixed bag Kobi, enjoy the fillets!

Thanks, certainly will