Another good day on Derrubbin.

Pickles

The bass have got to disperse and head upstream into the skinny creeks and lagoons soon, so I’m taking advantage of their schooling  behaviour before this happens. Usually it doesn’t last this long, but it has been a very unusual season indeed with the big flush we’ve had. Again the bass landed (52 before 8.35am) were healthy robust fish and spitting out prawns when lifted out of the water.

Lachlan, Dad and Pop crewing on the boat had their first session on freshwater and had a ball, with several big fish landed and one stoker (estimated about 48-50cm) dropped before being boated.

30F477E5-1575-448F-A89A-BB71C7F8747C.jpeg

28F094C3-571B-43F3-9AB6-82A1910D759F.jpeg

65E5A1D8-4F89-41C2-8AC6-1C42302F1CDA.jpeg

• Like 16

Enjoy it while you can Bob, no telling when they might move on... back to chasing Kingies when they do move on, I suppose? It's fantastic how many people you have helped to have the experience of catching Bass over the past few months. Top stuff! Wish Julie a very Happy Birthday from me please. bn

12 hours ago, fish-aholic said:

Nice pics, another great day out in your backyard Bob. 

9 hours ago, Yowie said:

Into them again Bob, good to see with a crew on board. 

You could probably hook up one of the regurgitated prawns and be back in business again.

Thanks MD

10 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Have you ever experienced this amount of Bass, in one area, before?

Every year after the dark moon, soon after breeding they become “pelagic”, but has never lasted this long before, so they’ve got to disperse up the creeks soon, every day I expect them to be gone, but still there.I suspect it is related to the ongoing upriver prawn abundance.

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 1