Leather jacket

kiwibrown

Hi,

Managed to get out on the the kayak on Saturday. Was pretty quiet with not much being caught. I did however get this guy on an unbaited sabiki rig. Biggest I've seen. The best photo is too big to upload but it was dinner plate sized. Released.

IMG_20230204_093729.jpg

• Like 12

7 hours ago, kiwibrown said:

Hi,

Managed to get out on the the kayak on Saturday. Was pretty quiet with not much being caught. I did however get this guy on an unbaited sabiki rig. Biggest I've seen. The best photo is too big to upload but it was dinner plate sized. Released.

IMG_20230204_093729.jpg

Good fish.

You can resize on native Android photo editor. I'm sure same for Apple.

I really enjoy eating Leatherjackets too, much underrated, in my opinion.

Here's a first...me telling somebody what to do with photos which are too large to upload.

You can resize photos very easily in any number of ways and upload them into your post. I use paint to resize photos. Right click on your selected photo and scroll down to open with. Left click on that and paint will come up as an option. Left click on that to access paint. In the upper left side you will see crop, resize, rotate. Left click on resize and a drop box appears. Left click percentage, delete the 100 in the horizontal box, type in 20, then left click OK. Your resized image will appear. Left click File and save your newly resized photo. This can then be added to your post along with numerous others.

Hope this helps, bn

• Thanks 1

thanks for the photo info BN.

I've never eaten one (to be honest i'm not big on fish, my wife is the seafood lover).

Was thinking about keeping it but it actually freaked me out a bit :) 

Ive caught a few around wharves and rocks but this was sitting in the deep water out from Clontarf. Thought it a bit odd to get one that deep with not much structure?