Hacking produces - surprise Kingy

Mass

Headed out Saturday morning and was pumping nippers in waist deep water at 6.15am. Water was warm and couldn't have picked a better day for it. Picked up a nice bream whilst pumping nippers and my sons friend dropped a nice size Whiting as we prepared to leave the flats at Maianbar. First drop in the channel on a size 8 long shank hook, 6lb line and a nipper resulted in a 67cm King. Great fight again on light gear. Moved to some of the flats and caught 7 Whiting, 2 of which were 40cm. Towards the end of the day, there was a school of Salmon busting the surface in Gunnamatta but they weren't interested in any lures. All in all, some quality fish caught but not as productive as the week before. The photo is missing a couple of Whiting. My mate took the photo but I had already taken 2 home. Left the rest for him to enjoy.

20230220_213841.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

• Like 10

Hey Mass

Nice work, was that you fighting the king just off Maiainbar flats about 6:30am? I was launching and dropped my son and his mate down to a landbased spot further upstream. I had live poddies and did one drift down the main channel with no joy:)

On 2/22/2023 at 8:15 PM, jenno64 said:

Nice work, was that you fighting the king just off Maiainbar flats about 6:30am? I was launching and dropped my son and his mate down to a landbased spot further upstream. I had live poddies and did one drift down the main channel with no joy:)

Hi Jenno. Yes that was me.  It was great fun on the light gear.  At one stage, I thought the passing boats may run over the line. It went for some  big runs. Pretty lucky to land it to be honest.