Hawkesbury jewfish and flatties

Pickles

Offered to give my biddy Steve a hand to finish off some skirting board on his new house. He said he’d had enough of building and did I want to take my tinny out and try for flathead and jewfish in Derrubbin. We launched at the new Wisemans ferry ramp and headed back to Webb’s creek. As the tide was coming up, we hunted along the sand/ mud banks at mouth of Webb’s and saw multiple flathead impressions, so went a bit deeper and bagged several nice Flatties. We then headed down stream looking for ripples on the sounder - past experience has shown flathead like this irregular bottom. Using prawns and strip bait of slimy mackerel from last bait collecting session, we bagged 31 (baby) jewfish as the pic shows. Biggest Jewie went 48cm and biggest Flatties went 49cm.

Weather was great and conditions perfect - tomorrow looks even better (hoping to get out with Zoran ( @zmk1962) and Jerry ( @wrxhoon1)

B73ABF26-D36D-44D7-93C5-0C9CADB32057.jpeg

41467FB0-EF6F-47FE-A9D3-AE6CC7078F3E.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 16

Jewfish are beautiful-looking fish. Seeing them around in numbers holds well for their future and the anglers chasing them. Good luck on your trip out with Zoran and Jerry. What rig were you using for the Jewfish Bob?

bn

Edited by big Neil
more info...

23 hours ago, big Neil said:

Jewfish are beautiful-looking fish. Seeing them around in numbers holds well for their future and the anglers chasing them. Good luck on your trip out with Zoran and Jerry. What rig were you using for the Jewfish Bob?

bn

Cheers Neil - the “Grey Ghost” is indeed a beautiful fish (and taste good too). I Had a wonderful day with Zoran and Jerry on Zoran’s new boat - an extremely impressive boat (and Raider - kind, generous and sharing, a “true human being” (like yourself).

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Cheers Neil - the “Grey Ghost” is indeed a beautiful fish (and taste good too). I Had a wonderful day with Zoran and Jerry on Zoran’s new boat - an extremely impressive boat (and Raider - kind, generous and sharing, a “true human being” (like yourself).

Lots of "kind, generous people" on this site Bob...yourself included. So what rig were you using to catch the Jewfish?

bn

11 hours ago, big Neil said:

Lots of "kind, generous people" on this site Bob...yourself included. So what rig were you using to catch the Jewfish?

bn

11 hours ago, big Neil said:

bn

Thanks Neil. Rig was really simple - 15lb braid to 15lb leader with light sinker to swivel, 12 lb leader to no 2 circle hook (BKK Teflon)

• Thanks 1