Kingies Sydney Harbour - and a bonus😵‍💫

Pickles

Took an ex-student (Aidan),  out for a kingie session- we weren’t disappointed with the fishing (pic shows all) HOWEVER, Aidan got so excited with his first arm wrenching fish, as he was leaning over his car keys (house, shed, canopy, work & other keys), went diving😵💫. He’s going to put a float on them before we head offshore again, that’s why he’s not smiling in the pic.

Still lots of Bonito, salmon and tailor in the harbour. Troy from Maritime (on first name basis with Maritime & Fisheries now), stopped to do safety check of “off-shore” gear, fortunately I replaced my (expired) flares on Thursday.

1E42027F-3C1F-4E75-9C30-48E82C84FE7A.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Spellinh
  • Like 14

Well done Bob for taking Aiden out to catch some Kingies. I imagine that no amount of Kingies caught will cheer him up after losing his keys. Gonna be a lot of organising to get everything replaced. Just as well it wasn't his wallet...the contents of those and mobile phones are hard to replace too.

bn

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Restyle said:

good job mate, was a stunning morning, flat and slight offshore breeze. How many kings you end up with? I found them on the chew today!

A great day on the water - thought about going wide for Dollie’s again after trip with Zoran @zmk1962on Devocean (“Fish’n Magician”) a few days earlier, but predicted wind change from NE to WNW and 20knt early in the day caused me to change my mind, so stayed close to shore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Top stuff Bob and Aidan ... it will be one trip to remember for sure. 

Cheers Zoran 

Yep - Aidan won’t forget it in a hurry, he was so keen to connect with the Kingies, he had his bait in the water and hooked up before getting set up (impetuousness of youth).

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well done Bob for taking Aiden out to catch some Kingies. I imagine that no amount of Kingies caught will cheer him up after losing his keys. Gonna be a lot of organising to get everything replaced. Just as well it wasn't his wallet...the contents of those and mobile phones are hard to replace too.

bn

So true Neil, he did dive for them as only 12’ of water, but visibility was dodgy.

• Thanks 1