(Video) Dollies Fiesta by the Three Amigos ! ... 3.3.2023

zmk1962

Ola Raiders ....

Thought I'd put the video (for those that are interested) into a new post to save everyone scrolling to the end of the original post.  Some folks insisted I leave the "hook incident scene" in the video... it's about 7:26 min in so skip past to 8:55 if you are squeamish.  It actually happened 6min after we started fishing the FAD.

Hey @Fab1 it looks like I didn't squeal like a little girl after all !

There were lots of dollies landed, double, triple hookups etc. I cut out a much of the footage but the video is still very long, so skim ahead and watch the bits that interest you.

Some people have asked me about Yamaha Helm Master EX Fishpoint (spotlock), does it work, how loud is it etc.  So for the first 15min of the video, I have not overlayed music so you can hear and observe the motor in action holding position for live bait and later at the FAD.... does it work - yes. 

Note: recommend you watch in HD, also while catching yakkas, the noise you hear are the pumps filling the twin subfloor kill tanks, the motor is actually almost silent.

Cheers Zoran

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

540AB2C6-74F1-40C5-B43B-2D35DEEEEA88.jpeg.37351e5eae3fbcd5b8df7f34ca386513.jpegloved the video mate I just watched it all.

Old Bob loves to take photos when a man’s down.😂😂😂Luckily a Marlin didn’t spear you through the heart as I can just imagine Bob saying stay still Z so I can focus the camera.😂😂Great work fellas.

• Haha 1

Got me thinking @zmk1962 .

I had a mate years ago when growing up we went out on his dads boat and his father copped a gaff through the ball of his foot out the top.Ouch!!!

He drove to hospital after pulling it out with us kids ( 13-14 yrs old) In tow to get it sorted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

loved the video mate I just watched it all.

Old Bob loves to take photos when a man’s down.😂😂😂Luckily a Marlin didn’t spear you through the heart as I can just imagine Bob saying stay still Z so I can focus the camera.😂😂Great work fellas.

WOW didn’t think anyone would sit thru it all.
C’mon, Bob is not like that .. he is very discreet with his photography… but I think he wasn’t happy with the shot… in the heat of the moment he couldn’t find the banana 🍌 

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Got me thinking @zmk1962 .

I had a mate years ago when growing up we went out on his dads boat and his father copped a gaff through the ball of his foot out the top.Ouch!!!

He drove to hospital after pulling it out with us kids ( 13-14 yrs old) In tow to get it sorted.

Ouch … but when it happens you just have to handle it. Great education for you young ones. 

cheers Z

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Great and very entertaining video of a top day out! Pity about getting hooked Zoran but at least you got it out!

Thanks Waza…. No choice about the hook…. It had to go… there was a hot bite on !

cheers Z

19 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Ola Raiders ....

Thought I'd put the video (for those that are interested) into a new post to save everyone scrolling to the end of the original post.  Some folks insisted I leave the "hook incident scene" in the video... it's about 7:26 min in so skip past to 8:55 if you are squeamish.  It actually happened 6min after we started fishing the FAD.

Hey @Fab1 it looks like I didn't squeal like a little girl after all !

There were lots of dollies landed, double, triple hookups etc. I cut out a much of the footage but the video is still very long, so skim ahead and watch the bits that interest you.

Some people have asked me about Yamaha Helm Master EX Fishpoint (spotlock), does it work, how loud is it etc.  So for the first 15min of the video, I have not overlayed music so you can hear and observe the motor in action holding position for live bait and later at the FAD.... does it work - yes. 

Note: recommend you watch in HD, also while catching yakkas, the noise you hear are the pumps filling the twin subfloor kill tanks, the motor is actually almost silent.

Cheers Zoran

Great Video Zoran, I wish I was out there that day!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yellowfin79 said:

Great Video Zoran, I wish I was out there that day!

Thanks YF79, Jerry kept mentioning someone was going to be upset, as he sent photos 😁 ... BTW you are not alone, my regular fishing buddy Wayno also bailed on that day (because he went out with me earlier in the week and got a feed of flatties) ... and has regretted ever since!

Cheers Zoran

22 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks YF79, Jerry kept mentioning someone was going to be upset, as he sent photos 😁 ... BTW you are not alone, my regular fishing buddy Wayno also bailed on that day (because he went out with me earlier in the week and got a feed of flatties) ... and has regretted ever since!

Cheers Zoran

5723BA91-72EC-4BD3-A258-F79266E336DD.gif.414679f452159cfaf71a1ae466b06fb7.gif😂😂

• Like 1

Thanks BN. Definitely one for the memory books. The leg is just about healed - just two small scabs left. So no probs in that department. 

But I did upgrade the first aid kit after this escapade. It now includes a small spray bottle of isopropyl antiseptic, a small tube of betadine antiseptic, several large post surgery sticky patches and these compound pliers. I’ve tested them - they snip through an 8/0 live bait hook like butter.  This would have made hook removal so much easier if I had them onboard. 
image.thumb.jpeg.758e09eba11be7c016d863ca61b2958d.jpeg

Donna @mrsswordfisherman M.A.S.H. is ready to deploy … just not during a hot bite. 

cheers Zoran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1