What a difference a day makes.

Pickles

Buddy Steve and I headed out into Derrubbin for a session off-shore on the Mahi Mahi. It was still and clear when we left home at Tennyson, but at Parsley Bay ramp it was windy and overcast. This necessitated a change of plans, so I called a “Flattie and Jewie” session. I still had 25 or so fresh Yakkas from yesterdays session with Mario - @Raymar and a few squid (thanks Mario).

About 5minutes after the first Yakka strip was dropped, my first fish was an 85cm flattie, (returned of course after a quick pic) this was followed by Jewie after Jewie, a few Trevally, 6 keeper tailor (35-45cm) and another 9 Flatties. The smallest dusky that was landed was 43cm. We also landed 3 Jewies over 65cm, but none over 70. Total count for the day was 25 jewfish 10 Flatties, 6 tailor and 2 Trevally.

A great day.

6895E3D7-16B2-487D-8BDB-1D33FF961544.jpeg

7CE124F1-5DC4-4C66-A13F-F077FFB52107.jpeg

E38AEA56-CF0D-4D31-AFAD-746E29C05EEE.jpeg

• Like 18

Persistence pays off Bob. Great result, especially the big girl Flattie. What a beautiful-looking specimen. You always do well when Steve is on board and the fish are up against it. As always you have a good plan B up your sleeve. Well done. bn

• Like 1

Nice bag of fish there Bob. The big flattie is a worthy catch, though you pulled up more in the keeper range, along with some tailor.

Big flattie too big, jewies too small. Better than yesterday's report.

• Like 1