Another Georges jew and flathead released

jenno64

I waited out the windy week and planned to get back out there on Saturday to hunt another jew and some flatties. Collected some behemoth poddies on Friday afternoon ready for the next morning and sat back to watch the footy (Go Sharkies!).

Launched into the Georges by 7am and headed out into the bay to drop a livie at one of my drop-off spots. Had a good hit and weight on for 15 seconds then the bait and hook was spat.

Headed up river to drop 2 lines down on the run out drift and had a short screaming run on one line that came up empty then watch the other rod buckle over 10 seconds late. Up came my second jew for the week measuring at 93cm. A few happy snaps and back it went. I was ready with my phone for a release video but I was swimming the fish by the tail and one tail thump against the boat and it was gone!

Pretty stoked with a good fish by 8am I tried a few more drifts then moved around a bit trolling poddies and dragging vibes and hard bodies. I waited for the tide to turn and headed back to where I landed the jew. On the same drift I had a thump on my second last bait and up came a solid flatty. It slipped through a large hole in the net so I had to lean over and lip grip it and bring the rod, net and fish over in one swing. Took a few picks one the lie detector @74cm then released the big girl.

Got a call from Mrs Jenno about midday and invited her out to spend an hour or 2 as the conditions were still pretty calm. She jumped on board with a very welcome picnic basket to share:) I had one last bait so we headed back to the spot and dropped it down and I handed Mrs J a rod with a small soft vibe and told her to teabag it as we drifted along. 10 seconds late she was on and up came another good flatty. Mrs Jenno insisted she was taking this one home to eat and it was a PB so I obliged and dispatched it @ 65cm.

Spent the next hour cruising right up to the end of the Wonny then back to the ramp a tad tired. Big day out but well worth the long hours:)

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

• Like 19

Another great day out Rob, good sized fish, better than what I pulled up yesterday. Out past the bombie for 4 blue spots only, hard to find and not very big either.

You are doing well in the Georges lately.

Great stuff Jenno, nice Jew. Don’t get me started on the footy, I just got back from north of Darwin on a fishing trip and all my mates who go for the sharks (I go for the roosters) had all their messages go through.

• Like 1

What an enthralling report Rob, with some great pics. Local knowledge can be half the battle and you certainly have that. Some fantastic fish caught...it must be a very healthy system. Lovely touch to have Mrs.Jenno head down with the picnic basket to join you for her own piece of the action. (Happy wife, happy life).

Don't hear much about the old PICNIC BASKET these days with UBER EATS sort of taking over that consideration. Personally, I can't say PICNIC BASKET without adopting an imitation Yogi Bear accent. Going crazy in my old age!

bn

On 4/16/2023 at 10:44 AM, Rebel said:

Top report & photos.

Nice Flatties & Jewie.

Well done Team.

Thanks Rebel, Mrs Jenno always finds a fish!

On 4/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, Yowie said:

Another great day out Rob, good sized fish, better than what I pulled up yesterday. Out past the bombie for 4 blue spots only, hard to find and not very big either.

You are doing well in the Georges lately.

Thanks Dave, I've avoided the Hacking as it has been very busy and I know the Georges pretty well so it's often a safer bet for me!

10 hours ago, big Neil said:

What an enthralling report Rob, with some great pics. Local knowledge can be half the battle and you certainly have that. Some fantastic fish caught...it must be a very healthy system. Lovely touch to have Mrs.Jenno head down with the picnic basket to join you for her own piece of the action. (Happy wife, happy life).

Don't hear much about the old PICNIC BASKET these days with UBER EATS sort of taking over that consideration. Personally, I can't say PICNIC BASKET without adopting an imitation Yogi Bear accent. Going crazy in my old age!

bn

Thanks Neil,

All I had eaten since 7am was a coffee and a hot cross bun! The picnic was devoured just after Mrs Jenno landed her fish!

• Like 2