Birthday Jewie!!!

AlbertW

Hey Raiders,

Just typing this up at a fancy restaurant by the water, waiting to go back for jewies after dinner so I figured I’d do a live report while waiting. I arrived at my secret spot ready for jewfish the entire week, armed with my light snapper setup, a couple vibes and a dream. I started off at 6pm fishing Samaki vibelicous in 14g but had no luck, only a few small hook ups and bites from what I presume to be either small flathead or tiny soapies. Now getting ready to enter the restaurant nearby, I tied on the Alibaba ecogear rip-off I’ve been raving about waited. On the second cast I casted into the inlet of the place I was fishing. A couple lifts later…

3101E3CC-14B8-4108-9821-70AA80596362.thumb.jpeg.aa7b06fb0311f00ca789801363d801bc.jpeg

I’m so stoked to have caught a jewie on the first time I tried for them and on my birthday as well! I’m gonna go back to my dinner now and hopefully will report more in the next couple of hours.

Cheers,

Albert

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Happy birthday Albert and congratulations on your first Jewfish. One of the prettiest-looking fish around. Bet I know what you got for your birthday, Fi---ng g--r?

bn

Nah, surely it was a maths textbook!

Happy birthday Albert and we’ll done on your first soapie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Could be that too LF, he's got his priorities well sorted has Young Albert. bn

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Hey Raiders,

Just typing this up at a fancy restaurant by the water, waiting to go back for jewies after dinner so I figured I’d do a live report while waiting. I arrived at my secret spot ready for jewfish the entire week, armed with my light snapper setup, a couple vibes and a dream. I started off at 6pm fishing Samaki vibelicous in 14g but had no luck, only a few small hook ups and bites from what I presume to be either small flathead or tiny soapies. Now getting ready to enter the restaurant nearby, I tied on the Alibaba ecogear rip-off I’ve been raving about waited. On the second cast I casted into the inlet of the place I was fishing. A couple lifts later…

3101E3CC-14B8-4108-9821-70AA80596362.thumb.jpeg.aa7b06fb0311f00ca789801363d801bc.jpeg

I’m so stoked to have caught a jewie on the first time I tried for them and on my birthday as well! I’m gonna go back to my dinner now and hopefully will report more in the next couple of hours.

Cheers,

Albert

No luck at the end as I reckon the schoolies moved off when I came back at high tide. However there was some bream action on topwater, but no hookups

• Like 2

14 hours ago, big Neil said:

Happy birthday Albert and congratulations on your first Jewfish. One of the prettiest-looking fish around. Bet I know what you got for your birthday, Fi---ng g--r?

bn

14 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Birthday pressie is actually some money to spend on a fly rod:yahoo:, looking forward to paying the fishing station a trip with @DerekD sometime in the holidays. @Little_Flatty you have no idea how expensive textbooks are nowadays 🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Larkin said:

As a fisherman there’s always an ulterior motive when going to places with water near by

well done on the Jew 👍

Exactly why I booked that restaurant :074:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2