Jewies to tick off the bucket list.

Pickles

@James Clain wanted to catch a Jewie to tick one off his bucket list, so I suggested he and Raider Mohamed (sorry Moey, didn’t get your Raider avatar) have a day on Derrubbiin. The promise was fulfilled and we bagged 13 (small) Jewies and 9 good flathead. We left at “gentlemen’s hour” 8.30 am and fished the turn of tide. A very cold start in Tennyson with cattle drinker frozen over (-5) but a still, calm sunny day on the water.

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1346.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg

IMG_1351.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 21

8 hours ago, James Clain said:

Another awesome day out on the water, Thank you Bob! Another one off the list, will just have to chase a legal one now which is now on its way. 

If you hang out with Bob, it’s going to happen sooner or later. Or if you put bananas into your fishing bag. I’m not sure which of the two actually lead to the fish getting caught!

Just kidding…we all know Bob catches mulloway as regularly as most of us can catch bream and flathead 😎

• Like 2

Wish I was there guys, sounds like a top session with some nice fish caught. I'll look forward to when I can travel again and maybe getting back to the big smoke for a spot of fishing. Till then, keep the posts coming guys.

Cheers, bn

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 11:49 PM, James Clain said:

Another awesome day out on the water, Thank you Bob! Another one off the list, will just have to chase a legal one now which is now on its way. 

Always welcome James - love my new little Tinnie.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:11 AM, Little_Flatty said:

If you hang out with Bob, it’s going to happen sooner or later. Or if you put bananas into your fishing bag. I’m not sure which of the two actually lead to the fish getting caught!

Just kidding…we all know Bob catches mulloway as regularly as most of us can catch bream and flathead 😎

Too kind my friend

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 1:37 PM, bessell1955 said:

Are there many of legal size?

Yep been getting a few each week, nothing over 90 for quite a few months though, but a few bust offs on 12lb, but could be rays

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 1