Off for a week

noelm

Off to Vanuatu for a week, hope to get in some fishing, but (weather permitting) I will be eating fresh Lobster on the beach Tuesday! Footy tips in, lawns done, pool clean….see you later, I will be thinking of you all back here in the howling wind, cold days! Suckers……

Edited by noelm
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Off to Vanuatu for a week, hope to get in some fishing, but (weather permitting) I will be eating fresh Lobster on the beach Tuesday! Footy tips in, lawns done, pool clean….see you later, I will be thinking of you all back here in the howling wind, cold days! Suckers……

Have a great time!

It’s good to be away for a break. We just returned from a few weeks up in sunny QLD :) 

• Like 1

Got home today, can’t say a howling westerly, 9 degrees temp in Sydney is my idea of a “warm welcome” did a fishing trip in a kind of oversized canoe, driven by a lunatic……but had a hoot! Caught lots of “reefies” all kept by the canoe owner, some decent Red Throat Emperor. No Lobsters on the beach, apparently they are having a self imposed conservation period (4 months) to maintain stocks. Had a great morning Thursday, 50knot wind, 1,000’ long ship, 20knots straight into it…..walked around the front just to see how windy it was, bad move, I got blown over, scraped my knee on a bench seat, had to hug a wall to get back, OH, well, lesson learnt! No tropical “things” this trip, no Covid cases (that I know of) all in all, a great short trip. Made some new friends, ate too much, had the odd cocktail. Saw a show called “Hans the German” I recommend it highly, but…..not if you’re offended easily by non politically correct comedy.

• Like 5

OH, just to add, Monday night is family dinner night at our place, we got a “FaceTime” Monday night, my kids and grandkids are having Monday night dinner….at our place!! Eating our food, drinking our beer……damn kids, love them to bits…..

• Like 5
  • Haha 1