WHAT A GAME!

big Neil

Well, what can I say? An absolutely phenomenal RL grand final.

As a neutral and non RL regular, that game provided everything. Broncos must have had some spinach at half-time as they hammered the Panthers into virtual submission with a scintillating display.

Then the comeback and an unbelievable finish to what will be remembered as one of the greatest GF's in history. 

That's all I got to say about that. 

bn

Yep, Broncos had them beat, but didn’t know how to finish them off. Short kick off is probably the most useless tactic to use in “general play” a couple of Broncos were just not up to it, the Penrith methodical machine just wore them down, 80 minutes of relentless team play.

• Like 1

Can’t believe the panthers have done it. Honestly the fact they came back they deserved to win , but with 20 minutes to go my dad said that’s game and went to bed only for me to wake him up with the panthers winning

• Haha 1

After watching The Bronko's demolish the Warriors I thought this is a team that can beat the Panthers and my tip was for a Bronko's win.

With 20 minutes to go I thought I was correct to tip the Bronko's .

The Panthers truly deserved the win.

I think the man of the match should have gone to the Referee.

Frank 

• Like 1

Well I enjoyed the whole weekend really.

We watched the AFL grand final on Sat and it was such a great battle. I have never followed or really understood it but I may follow it next year!

It was my birthday on Sat and my daughters took me to see "Tina the musical" at the matinee session on Sunday. After we returned from Tina we watched the NRL girls game and my fav team Newcastle Knights won. 
The game last night was so fantastic. I am a Souths supporter and swordie a Bulldog fan so we went for Penrith. @Isaac Ct I almost did what your Dad did but persisted. 

As some of you know I have run a fishraider tipping comp for the last 16 years on here. Finally I won the tipping comp yippee. I hope more join in next year, its fun and no money involved. If anyone wants to join just sign up here https://community.deckee.com/topic/80338-fishraider-tipping-competition-2022-and-beyond/
Great sporting weekend.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
16 years fr has had this tipping comp
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Well I enjoyed the whole weekend really.

We watched the AFL grand final on Sat and it was such a great battle. I have never followed or really understood it but I may follow it next year!

It was my birthday on Sat and my daughters took me to see "Tina the musical" at the matinee session on Sunday. After we returned from Tina we watched the NRL girls game and my fav team Newcastle Knights won. 
The game last night was so fantastic. I am a Souths supporter and swordie a Bulldog fan so we went for Penrith. @Isaac Ct I almost did what your Dad did but persisted. 

As some of you know I have run a fishraider tipping comp for the last 8 years on here. Finally I won the tipping comp yippee. I hope more join in next year, its fun and no money involved. If anyone wants to join just sign up here https://community.deckee.com/topic/80338-fishraider-tipping-competition-2022-and-beyond/
Great sporting weekend.

Yes, an entertaining weekend Donna.

• Like 1

Well that's a wrap folks.

Donna, you have to go to an AFL game and watch it live. TV doesn't do it justice. The pitch is massive and there's so much happening off the ball. TV coverage is good but it's one sport that requires you to take in the whole spectacle.

bn

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Well that's a wrap folks.

Donna, you have to go to an AFL game and watch it live. TV doesn't do it justice. The pitch is massive and there's so much happening off the ball. TV coverage is good but it's one sport that requires you to take in the whole spectacle.

bn

You are right Neil. It is the one code I have not been to see a live game played.
I used to go to Rugby Union when the Wallabies were up there.

Bring on next year

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

As some of you know I have run a fishraider tipping comp for the last 16 years on here. Finally I won the tipping comp yippee. I hope more join in next year, its fun and no money involved. If anyone wants to join just sign up here https://community.deckee.com/topic/80338-fishraider-tipping-competition-2022-and-beyond/
Great sporting weekend.

Congrats on taking out the tipping comp this year.  Being a bulldogs supporter I was never a threat 🤣

• Thanks 1