Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out this morning and pumped some nippers at Maianbar flats around sunrise.

Drifted all along the ballast heap bank for the blackfish. Dropped a flattie around the 45 to 50 mark, that zipped up off the bottom and hit the nipper mid water on a retrieve. Only on for several seconds and the hook pulled. Nothing else so headed to Lilli Pilli flats for the bream over several drifts. Very quiet.

Moved back to Maianbar flats as the tide was rising, for the whiting and flattie. Not a big flattie, however, it was gill hooked so kept it. A couple of meals of fillets, happy with that.

fish.jpeg.417_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blaxland said:

Very nice haul  flattie easy to fillet at that size did you get the lud on nippers?

On a nipper. Put up a good fight for it's size, banging away then buried itself in the ribbon weed. Took a bit of strain on the 6 pound mono to pull it out.

1 hour ago, Scooter0069 said:

Nice bag of fish Yowie 

Thank you. Happy with it. 

The buildings beside your place are taking off, last time I drove past.

43 minutes ago, thaichilli said:

Good result with variety of fish meals. Bit of a "April" weather this morning.

Whiting and flattie fillets crumbed and pan fried tonight, bream and blackie fillets in a fish pattie meal in a couple more nights.

Sunny to start off, then thick cloud.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice mixed bag mate!

Had wanted to get out local myself yesterday, but got caught up with work this week.

Always a few luds around there. And a few nice whiting off the flats, yum!

Thank you.

Weather looked good, so headed out. Quiet times in between the bites, happy with a couple of feeds. 

Last week as I was heading home past Lilli Pilli flats, the run out tide, saw a few whiting cruising about. Yesterday on the run up, none to be seen, and none hooked around there. Bream only.

Edited by Yowie

7 hours ago, Pickles said:

Nice feed Dave - did you find any blackfish?

Only the one blackfish. This time of year they take nippers or squirt worms. The water had a slight wind chop on it, so hard to see if any blackfish about, but normally there would be a few kicking about this time of year.

7 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice variety of fish - good reward for the effort. Did you cook them all the same?

cheers Zoran 

Whiting and flattie fillets crumbed and pan fried. Bream and blackie fillets to be cooked tonight. Probably in the fish curry recipe I posted a couple of months ago.

5 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Well done Dave, back to the standard Yowie platter😀

Thanks Rob.

Rather quiet in patches on the drift. Last week on the run out tide, I saw whiting along the Lilli Pilli flats, as I was heading home. Did not try for them as had no nippers.

Thursday I had nippers, run up tide which is usually good, tried drifts in several places and not a bite from one or even any to be seen. Only 2 bream and released a small one.