There back - Kingies turn up around Sydney Headlands.

Pickles

Hit the harbour on Monday morning with buddy Steve who wanted to learn how to catch squid (been fishing for 50 years and never been squidding). Fishing conditions & seas were predicted to be pretty calm and wind 10kt or less so should have been optimal weather. However the wind was a NE and about 20kts and sea was very lumpy. Never-the-less we bagged 3 squid in short time and as one was a BIG green eye, we decided to try the headlands for Kingies. One squid gave as 8 baits and we converted this into 7 rat  Kingies (everything Nader 65 released of course).  We tried wide for Flatties at the 30m mark and bagged a feed,  a few small snapper and a healthy Mowie all on Yakka fillets.

Due to the crook weather @James Clain and I are going to have a shot at Flatties and Jewies at Wisemans tomorrow- shouldn’t be too windy up the Deerubbin. (Steve didn’t want his face in a photo)

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

Resized_20231106_154816.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 14

Who would have thought that Steve, such an accomplished angler, had never caught a squid? Hopefully, he has now! Not a brilliant day, by your standards Bob, but at least you managed a few fish for the table.

I wonder who pays these meteorologists? Obviously, they are not getting paid on the basis of their accurate predictions or they would all be in the poor house. I'll just keep using the stone on a bit of string for my fishing weather predictions.

Good to see that the Kingfish were about, might be a good omen for the Summer.

Cheers, bn

12 hours ago, big Neil said:

Who would have thought that Steve, such an accomplished angler, had never caught a squid? Hopefully, he has now! Not a brilliant day, by your standards Bob, but at least you managed a few fish for the table.

I wonder who pays these meteorologists? Obviously, they are not getting paid on the basis of their accurate predictions or they would all be in the poor house. I'll just keep using the stone on a bit of string for my fishing weather predictions.

Good to see that the Kingfish were about, might be a good omen for the Summer.

Cheers, bn

I hope so Neil - next time you visit, we’ll have a prayer session before hand 😉

• Thanks 1