A “Royal” way to start 2024 - Harbour Kings are finally getting bigger.

A view of the weather (Dekee of course), suggested pretty good conditions for fishing until about 10.30am. Buddy Nick (a student from many moons ago) had a few spare days and checking his diary, it was about this time a year ago we got some good Kingies and he was keen to repeat the adventure. I caught up with @Roseville21 (Lelio) yesterday and we planned to meet at the ramp at 5amish today and catch a feed. We loaded up quickly with live Yakkas, had a box of squid, some pillies and a full heart.

The  plan was to go deep and long and hit the FAD’s or 12 mile. However the conditions were less than favourable, so after trying to repeat last weeks blessing of Trags off shore, we decided to head back inside to calmer water and try a few spots around the heads - so glad we did. 
Total for the day was 17 Kingies. We kept a few over 75 and released all the others and we’re back at the ramp by 10.30 to beat the weekend warriors.

A great way th start the year with the aim of 100 kings over 75cms (I reached my target of 900 for 2023). God is good and Rosie the retriever was impressed when we got home as she loves to munch on a kingfish head.l

IMG_2118.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2126.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 18

Great post again Bob. I thought about contacting you while I was up at Orange over New Year but decided you would probably be busy, No probs. Hope they are still biting by the time I manage to get up to Sydney. Will keep you posted in case you're free. Good start to the New Year, hope it continues. Cheers, Neil

• Like 1

What a great morning out you had.  You catch more in one session than some of us are likely to see in lifetime!! I read your posts and wonder just how many people you have got hooked on fishing over the years. I think it is wonderful to see such generosity in sharing your time and knowledge 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robbo from Sydney said:

What a great morning out you had.  You catch more in one session than some of us are likely to see in lifetime!! I read your posts and wonder just how many people you have got hooked on fishing over the years. I think it is wonderful to see such generosity in sharing your time and knowledge 

Cheers Robbo, I reckon there’s something special about fishing, given Jesus 4 closest mates started out as fishermen and he used them to change the world - I’m always happy to take folks out if they’re happy to drive and pull my boat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Congrats Bob

amazing how you just keep finding cracking fish for you friends…. Great start to the year🙏🏻

It’s a joy to see folks hook up to a big Kingies and feel the arm wrenching drive of a solid Kingie and they’re not that hard to find - a whole different story to bring them to the boat.

Hi everyone, long time reader of fish raider and first tine posting. Unfortunately not a fishing report as motivation has not been my best friend lately to go out fishing as often as I would like to go work and so on... looking forward to this year with my retirement on the horizon. I have had the pleasure of going out with on a hunt for kingfish. Not as successful of a day but was a great learning curve. After reading Bobs latest report on kingfish the excitement is coming back. Well done Bob on a good catch. Hope too arrange for a kingfish hunt again soon.

Cheers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Raymar said:

Hi everyone, long time reader of fish raider and first tine posting. Unfortunately not a fishing report as motivation has not been my best friend lately to go out fishing as often as I would like to go work and so on... looking forward to this year with my retirement on the horizon. I have had the pleasure of going out with on a hunt for kingfish. Not as successful of a day but was a great learning curve. After reading Bobs latest report on kingfish the excitement is coming back. Well done Bob on a good catch. Hope too arrange for a kingfish hunt again soon.

Cheers

Hey Raymar - I’m always happy to take folks out -  any time you want to head out, I’m happy to take you (only issue for me is you’d need to pick me up (Nth Richmond), pull the boat (5m Tinnie) and drop me home - I’ve had a few “adventures” and don’t drive, although I do have a licence. I can’t guarantee we’ll get Kingies, but usually do. The BIG reason most people don’t find them is they don’t get the right bait, or don’t look in the right place (“Seek and you will find, Ask and you will receive, knock and the door will be opened”) 

Bob

Edited by Pickles