Forster January

Not much of a report.

My family headed up to Forster for a triple birthday bash (wife,son and myself) in January all within a week of each other. And blue swimmers were the target.

headed up on monday 22nd and checked out on friday 26th to beat public holiday and boy were we glad.

set our pots in wallis lake and checked them every morning before heading out to go for a fish or stop off a beach. And checked our pots every late afternoon after dinner.

ended up with a few blue swimmers and a nice muddie. We did being our rods but were enjoying swimming on the beach or pool to be fishing.

IMG_7897.jpeg

IMG_7881.jpeg

IMG_7863.jpeg

• Like 16

31 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Delicious and a big Happy Bday to you all. Weather looked great for swimming. 

Love that area. We tow the van up and stay at Tuncurry CP. 

We are off down south soon and hope we catch some big fish. 

Thank you. Weather couldnt have been any better.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

I was crossing the bridge the other day and the Dolphins were playing around just upstream which caused a traffic jam as cars stopped on the bridge to watch them.

Such is life.

• Like 1

I was on the Wallis Lake every day over Christmas. Caught quite a lot of flathead and also 3 good sized flounder.

Nice work with the crabbing! The talk at the time was about people's crab pots disappearing every night. Apparently the Pros pots were always untouched but everyone elses got stolen. Infer from that what you will.

I didnt fish real hard either. I docked my boat every morning at the Waterline Boathouse cafe and wine bar and just watched the world go by.

1.jpg

22.jpg

333.jpg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Derny Driver said:

I docked my boat every morning at the Waterline Boathouse cafe and wine bar and just watched the world go by.

That sounds very nice! We do the same at Yamba Shores when up there on holidays . .  . but without the boat part 😆 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derny Driver said:

Nice work with the crabbing! The talk at the time was about people's crab pots disappearing every night. Apparently the Pros pots were always untouched but everyone elses got stolen. Infer from that what you will.

I actually cable tie and security seal my pots. So if it gets open then i know someone has pulled my pots and possibly taken my catch?

5 hours ago, xerotao said:

I actually cable tie and security seal my pots. So if it gets open then i know someone has pulled my pots and possibly taken my catch?

Thats a great idea. 

I was fishing in the Breckenridge channel and there was a bloke with 2 kids fishing near me. He saw a crab pot buoy, motored over to it and pulled it up. Nothing in it luckily but these morons seem to think stealing is okay.  And showing his kids that he is a thief. Incredible.