Skinny water bass session

Evening raiders

Went down to the local creek this afternoon and managed to get 7 decent bass. I missed another 10 fish I'd say and was wondering if anyone ever uses stinger hooks on cicada or any other bass surface lure ? After switching out the back trebble for stingers I managed to land an additional 5 fish. 

I started off with the trusty bait junkie frogs in the large size, but after being boofed by several smaller sized bass I decided to switch to a temico cicada, this did help get some smaller bass but i was still missing hookups, that's why I implied the stingers.

What lure would be best in that situation? 🤔 

Also I could resist throwing some plastics at the infestation of carp and managed a solid 70cm fish 

20240207_155455.jpg

20240207_154519.jpg

20240206_180450.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aussiefisherman said:

Hey mate 👋 I fish around penrith, this was part of the nepean system 👍 

Cheers mate, I was looking at fishing the nepean, maybe on the yak haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlbertW said:

Yeah mate nepean is a great system but can be challenging if your going on a kayak and don't know the area well.

Where u located? I could recommend a few spots for bass

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AlbertW said:

You might want to watch some of Aaron’s videos  before going for a paddle there especially  if you’re thinking of down near Windsor ( Windsor bait and tackle YouTube channel ) - you are pretty much paddling in raw sewage down there every time it rains  . I think upstream is a bit better but it definitely has me thinking twice about getting any of that water on me !

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The water quality of the Nepean (anywhere it is actually called the Nepean, upstream of Yarramundi) is as good as any eastern flowing river.

Unfortunately Aaron's videos of late have become so negative and depressing I no longer watch them. I get what he is trying to show but there needs to be some balance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Aussiefisherman said:

Yeah mate nepean is a great system but can be challenging if your going on a kayak and don't know the area well.

Where u located? I could recommend a few spots for bass

Around chatswood mate, manly dam is the only place I've gone for bass

19 hours ago, XD351 said:

You might want to watch some of Aaron’s videos  before going for a paddle there especially  if you’re thinking of down near Windsor ( Windsor bait and tackle YouTube channel ) - you are pretty much paddling in raw sewage down there every time it rains  . I think upstream is a bit better but it definitely has me thinking twice about getting any of that water on me !

Yep, his last few uploads have just been about Sydney's sewage problem

19 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

The water quality of the Nepean (anywhere it is actually called the Nepean, upstream of Yarramundi) is as good as any eastern flowing river.

Unfortunately Aaron's videos of late have become so negative and depressing I no longer watch them. I get what he is trying to show but there needs to be some balance.

Each to their own .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Around chatswood mate, manly dam is the only place I've gone for bass

Yeah k 👍, u ever had luck there ? 

Ever caught redfin in there either?

I would recommend launching at penrith boating ramp if your taking your yak and trolling close to the bank and throwing topwater in the sticks, this can be quite hit and miss tho, yarramundi and penrith weir are other starting points, other then that google earth is your friend when it comes to finding creeks and potential spots 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aussiefisherman said:

Yeah k 👍, u ever had luck there ? 

Ever caught redfin in there either?

I would recommend launching at penrith boating ramp if your taking your yak and trolling close to the bank and throwing topwater in the sticks, this can be quite hit and miss tho, yarramundi and penrith weir are other starting points, other then that google earth is your friend when it comes to finding creeks and potential spots 👍

Cheers mate, I've caught my first redfin and bass in manly. Last sunday we caught around 6 tiny bass on topwater. Livewell was broken so could not take them back for the aquarium

• Like 2

Good report and nice pics. Stinger may work but I find it’s partly the nature of surface strikes that means you don’t hookup some of the time.

Looks like a fun location for bass fishing you’ve got there 

Fil

2 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Good report and nice pics. Stinger may work but I find it’s partly the nature of surface strikes that means you don’t hookup some of the time.

Looks like a fun location for bass fishing you’ve got there 

Fil

Cheers mate, beuty of a spot , yeah plenty of half hearted strikes I recon, where they barely even open ther mouth