Avoca This Morning

Ray R

Hi Raiders, ducked around the rocks early this moring for a quick fish. Found the eagle rays again and another kinda ray that I will need some help identifying.

Anyway while my rig was out on the bottom awaiting a strike I decided to have a spin with a 25gram sniper metal and found a couple of good fighting tailor, they

were a bit of fun, I released and returned them to the briney.

Then the big rod goes off and I'm into a nice salmon, he ran me around the rocks a bit and when I lifted him twoing went everything, a bit of rock damage to the

main line. So then I rig up another paternoster rig and fire it out again, this time whilst I was chatting to a lady and her son the line starts racing off the

spool, I excuse myself from the chat and heave into this fish, mate this thing is going beserk , left, right, down ,up it's all over the place, after a couple

of mins I subdue the beast and wash him up to the lower ledge then up to the platform, thought I might get a pic of this one cause I was thinking he may be a

raider record. He just went 74cm by a whisker and if our record guru Slinky can confirm the capture I'm sure he will be somewhere near the top of the board.

Anyway that was my fun filled morning with rays, salmon and tailor, beautiful morning too, what a beautiful time of day in a cracker of a spot. Enjoy your fishing..

Beautiful sunrise

post-3371-126672976682_thumb.jpg

The huge salmon

post-3371-126672979874_thumb.jpg

post-3371-126672981468_thumb.jpg

post-3371-12667298345_thumb.jpg

The huge ray

post-3371-12667298632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ray R

Geeze guys, all these experienced fishos here & no one can spot a Berkley Ray when they see one. Very rare, apparently they give you pointers on what you're doing wrong while you struggle to get the gaff into 'em. biggrin2.gif

Nice pics as usual Ray & top effort on the Sambo.

Edited by Boofhead

:074::Funny-Post::074:

You had me going, Ray!! I've hooked a big ray from the rocks at Burgess BEach & I was wondering how the hell you could have landed one on the rocks down there!!! :074:

Nice big salmon tho - don't they go! Haven't hooked one for a while - they make good fish cakes! :D

Hope it is a Raider Record!!

CHeerio

Roberta

hahah ray love that last pic what time did you leave? i was there today too :)

G'day buddy, mate I went for an early fish till about 8am, then I went back around for a sit in the last hour of the arvo.

G'day buddy, mate I went for an early fish till about 8am, then I went back around for a sit in the last hour of the arvo.

ah ok i was there with the bangus duo :) on the spinning ledge till around 8 no bonnies :( but i got 8 fat blackfish :)