How Many Fishing Outfits Do You Have

Martin

I was woundering ,with so many keen fisherman and women how many fishing rod and reels do you have.

There a bit like lures, even though I have a few I sen to always feel another would be good.

Last count I have about 38 diffrent outfits from Game fishing to trout, bait runners to bait casters to closed faced reels. All kept in good working order.

My biggest problem is just trying to limit myself to only taking 8 rods on the boat when I do go out.

How many do you have?

Cheers

Martin

I was woundering ,with so many keen fisherman and women how many fishing rod and reels do you have.

There a bit like lures, even though I have a few I sen to always feel another would be good.

Last count I have about 38 diffrent outfits from Game fishing to trout, bait runners to bait casters to closed faced reels. All kept in good working order.

My biggest problem is just trying to limit myself to only taking 8 rods on the boat when I do go out.

How many do you have?

Cheers

Martin

we have about 20 between me and my old man. About 15 of these are usable on the boat and the rest for beach

Hi Martin

Love to answer the question but my wife might read it.

So if she does just 2, I then like her shoes have a heap of other tackle that I have had for "ages" LOL

About 20 others, fly, light, sport, game.

Like u the issues is not how many I have it how many I try to bring on the boat every time I fish.

Some days between Harkara and I, it can be embarassing to see tow blokes go fishing with 10 sets of gear LOL

Jon

Shit , some of you guys a quite a few combos there , looks like ive got some catching up to do.

Only have 7 at the moment , 2 to come in the near future then i think i will have all the bases that i will fish covered

i have probly around 8 between me and my brother but most of the outfits can multitask so i get away with no many outfits. the main ones are the dedicated kingy gear big rods and overheads for trying to control them as much as humanly possible.

cheers.

I've only got about twelve outfits and two more on the way, so I guess just fourteen outfits for me. :1fishing1:

They range from heavy beach fishing down to light canoe work for bass in the rivers/creeks. :biggrin2:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Its good to see others having to distort the truth from the wife. Trouble is a few weeks back she found my full stock hidden in the garage :1yikes: and promptly matched it buy buying new shoes :mad3: . She also believes that I have a problem and could not use that many rods and reels.

How little they understand the joy we get from just looking at them and for days before hand contemplating which ones to take out with you for the day. Then theres the justerfication in needing a bigger boat. :074:

Guest madsmc

... She also believes that I have a problem and could not use that many rods and reels.

It's not a problem, it's a hobby. :biggrin2: I just tell my lovely :wife: that I could indeed use all of my outfits more often, if only I had more time available to me to go fishing. It's a great catch-22 situation that catches her off guard, and usually results in me getting some more fishing time. :thumbup:

I have about six spin outfits which vary from a heavy beach combo, to a jew luring combo, then a few lightweight lure combo's for b&b species. There is a single seven weight fly rod and two fly reels, although I'm hoping that a new fly rod will be joining that group. I also have a few older rods and reels that I use on the odd occasions that I go bait fishing.

It's a never ending cycle. I'm looking at upgrading a few reels for the summer, so that will take a bit of cash too. You can never have enough IMHO. :biggrin2:

Shane

:D

You guys make me feel a lot better about my "collection". I only have 6 outfits, and a couple of those are cheapos that need to be retired. But there are a couple I am currently dreaming about. Funny thing is, not matter how much you have, there are always a "couple more" that you "need".

Its good to see others having to distort the truth from the wife. Trouble is a few weeks back she found my full stock hidden in the garage :1yikes: and promptly matched it buy buying new shoes :mad3: . She also believes that I have a problem and could not use that many rods and reels.

How little they understand the joy we get from just looking at them and for days before hand contemplating which ones to take out with you for the day. Then theres the justerfication in needing a bigger boat. :074:

Martin , consider yourself Lucky that the Missus did not "Don" her new shoes , Grab a few of her Girlie Mates and spend the night , Club Crawling till 5am , with a new dress and Hanbag to match .

Now that could have really been a payback !!.

Mick

Last count I have about 20 different reels from Alveys to overheads, spinners and baitcasters and about 25 rods from beach to boat and of varying weights. I just bought 9 reels and 4 rods off a girl from the local newsagent who used to work for Daiwa - she doesn't go fishing any more, so she sold me the lot. I had to do it, didn't I ??? Most of the time I take my 3 favourites on the boat , all 7ft, and I have to limit my mate when he comes with me or he'd bring his entire collection - wouldn't you Sparky !!!

Well, I guess I'd better admit that there is at least one lady out there that is also a 'fishing fanatic' or should I say, 'fishing tragic'! I can't help myself when I am in 2nd hand shops or garage sales & spot some nice fishing gear or tackle at reasonable prices! How many rods & reels do I have?? Probably too many - but mosts have been bought 2nd hand, or 'saved' from demolition & re-birthed for a new life on the water.

I have 3 or 4 fresh water fly outfits (2 are 12wt for heavy NZ trout fishing when living there) with matching reels and all with float, med & heavy sink lines. Haven't used them much since returning to Aussie to live 6 years ago.

Salt water gear ..... do I have to be truthful ..... hope the other half doesn't read this ...... 6 beach, probably 10 estuary & now 2 blackfish outfits (most with their own reels - I can't be bothered changing them from one rod to the other!) Once again, most bought cheaply (2nd hand or ***** on 20% off days.) Plus a couple of overheads - haven't sorted out the backlash problem there yet, but will work on it one day.

Had some gear knocked off from the boot of my car last year by some mongrels - my yabbie pump & a nice collapsible rod with daiwa reel spooled with fireline - that I would recognise it if I saw it again! Have replaced it with a shimano 10ft collapsible that I use for blackie fishing in the lake here at Forster in my fishing kayak - very light & excellent to fish with for hours!

Believe it or not, most of them get used at some stage or another during the year (except maybe the one I have set up for Jewies - not sure what I would do if I caught one!)

Any family/friends know there is a rod for them to fish with (just not my favourite one at the time!)

The other half is a triathlete, so he has his 5 bikes, 3 wetsuits, 2 gyms & 15 pairs of running shoes ..... so we can't complain about each other's collection as we are both as bad as each other in our chosen passion - we have an unwritten rule that we discuss any purchases over $100 - otherwise, consider it pocket money (to a degree - as long as it is spent monthly, not weekly!)

I fish most days & supply several friends & elderly neighbours with fresh fish, so feel justified with my gear!

Life is short - enjoy it

PS I am not into shoes or fancy clothes!! I also have a collapsible boat that we take with us when camping!

Guest johblow

One beach rod with alvey

One heavy boat rod and reel

One medium boat rod (shares above reel... yuk)

Three light estuary rods and reels, inc one graphite and a extra yummy reel ;-)

if my :wife: finds this post im dead

i have 36 outfits from 50year old kane rods[my grandfathers] to the latest sp rods

cant help myself walk into a takle shop and walk out a couple

hundred dollars poorer very bad habit are well i dont drink so i have to spend my money on something

cheers miller

I have 10 boat rodsall with reels from light to heavy some are cheapies and others are customs

i broke a silstar traverse x the other week. so need to replace that with somthing nice

then there are my land base

2 med rods, 2 black fish rods ,1 beachrod