Kings Galore

Kiwi Dan

Hello all,

I havent been fishing for months but I booked a jigging charter for Saturday with 2 mates the father in law and the brother inlaw and we weren't disappointed.

We set out at 6am from Terrigal and made our way out to the first mark. The skipper was telling us how well they have been doing catching 50 the day before so on and so on. At first we didnt know what to think, was he just saying that because thats what we wanted to hear or was he for real. Well I can honsetly say now he was FOR REAL!!

We arrived at the spot and he instructed us to drop the jigs. We were fishing 3 at a time in 100m of water and the very first drop we had a triple hook up within 30 seconds of fishing. From there on it was the most amazing fishing action I have ever seen. Kings were hitting the deck 1 after the other for at least 2 hours, every single drop produced at least 1 king with double and triple hook ups regularly.

The average size would have been high 80's, biggest of the day went 96cm, none of a meter unfortunately. There were a heap of fat kings and not 1 undersized king, the smallest for the day went around 73cm. We brought home 30 kings, boated more then 60 and would have been hooked up to over 90. At one stage I thought I was into my first hoodlum but it turned out to be a massive seal which had latched onto my king. I got it all the way to the boat but before it finally let it go. We were getting that many hook ups you could tell if you had a contender for the 1m mark or you thought you might have a chance at biggest fish of the day and were a little disappointed if you new it wasnt.

It was an absolute top day on the water and to cap it off Mighty Manly won as well as my beloved All Blacks!!

post-4176-1221443522_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443532_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443550_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443562_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443572_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443582_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443594_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1221443629_thumb.jpg

Kiwi Dan that's an awesome report! Great photos too! :thumbup:

That's the sort of session I dream about. I noticed that your smallest king was bigger than my pb!

I saw a jacket or two in the photos. Did you lose any rigs to the pesky little blighters?

Cheers

Peter

Kiwi Dan that's an awesome report! Great photos too! :thumbup:

That's the sort of session I dream about. I noticed that your smallest king was bigger than my pb!

I saw a jacket or two in the photos. Did you lose any rigs to the pesky little blighters?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

I caught the jacket on one of the jigs funny enough. We only lost 1 jig for the day, and that wasnt to a jacket either it was a little miscommunication when a fish was dropped back over the side.

Salmon Hunter.

we were about 30km mate.

Hi Dan, well done mate thats a great haul :thumbup:

I was out with the same charter a couple of weeks back with similar results, without doubt the best charter operator ive been with and the best fishing action i have experienced...it took me a week to get over my bruised underarm and stomach!!!

hi Dan,

well what can i say :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

look at that deck :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

well done,bet you feel abit tender after an effort like that...

i hope you told the ones that went back about what a lovely harbour we have and they should come down for a visit with all their friends :074::074: .

cheers...steve.....

hi Dan,

well what can i say :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

look at that deck :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

well done,bet you feel abit tender after an effort like that...

i hope you told the ones that went back about what a lovely harbour we have and they should come down for a visit with all their friends :074::074: .

cheers...steve.....

Hey Steve,

mate when i was putting them back i made sure i was tossing them towards the harbor.

Looks like your lot will be up against Manly if you can get past the warriors!!

Hi Josh88

Got through that much fish easily, there were a lot of friends and family hanging for king fillets and cutlets by the time we got back after not having any through winter.

Great day out and definately value for money. Good to be able to give some fresh fish to the relo's and neighbours. Nothing like a fresh Kingy steak - well done and a herculean effort by all looks.

One question - why is it that the action is so hot less than 100 miles from the Peak, yet the Peak is not firing?

Is it the temperature? (sorry that's 2 questions)

Hey Steve,

mate when i was putting them back i made sure i was tossing them towards the harbor.

Looks like your lot will be up against Manly if you can get past the warriors!!

if were lucky enough to have enough left in the petrol tank after the last couple of bruising battles(freddie is trippin the way he has them goin kamakazi style) and if we dispatch the warriors then we may have to have something on the side eh Dan... go you mighty chookies.. we still have a little paybacks to do :tease: ..

isnt it amazing that up there the size and numbers of kings is soooooo different to syd but not really that far in the grand scale of things, thats why s..... is booked well in advance eh....

maybe you should of left the last one hooked and done a scenic route via MH let the king and enterage loose and then headed back to terrigal (just in case they didn't know the way to syd) :074:

see you out an about ...

cheers...steve......

Well I gotta admit, you almost had me there!

Here I was reading that report thinking "What a top day" and I almost fell for it.......

Right up to the point where you mentioned those feckin' All Blacks!

Great day mate, well done :1prop: