JEW ON A LURE AND 2 MONSTER FLATHEAD

Dusky_Chaser

Went away with the fellas last weekend for a Jewie and Flathead weekend at Mallacoota and I gotta say the fishing was the toughest I have seen for some time....We spent the whole weekend out on the water never coming in for the 3 days.......numbers of flathead caught was pretty average but still between us we managed three outstanding fish.

We arrived on Friday and that evening saw 2 awesome fish.

First up came a 7.3kg Jew....I actually called it for a big flathead......It fought very similar to the way a really big flathead fights....I thought for a moment that I might of cracked the magical mark but when I saw silver and Bronze the nerves kicked in more than ever.....Mallacoota jew on a lure........still buzzing.

phpZxTV24AM.jpg

Just as it was getting dark, we (myself and mialla) decided to hit a bank that we had seen previous success at and as we came around the corner we were like "oh no theres a boat in there".....it turned out to be our mates we were up there with and we could hear them yahooing.....we go over and Dave has landed himself the longest flathead I've seen with my own eyes.......An Absolute Monster of 98cm and there abouts 15lb...

What a beast.......( the Flathead I mean)

phpNWdm2QAM.jpg

Saturday was tough but Sunday saw another cracking fish.......the wind was blowing hard and the plastics were just not going well at all so there were a few Poddys collected and soaked over a couple of quieties.....the poddys went off .....a good feed of flathead were caught and then Mialla's rod went off again but this time it was a good fish.....

up came this 90cm girl....another beauty to finish off an amazing trip.

Two big girls Released ......Jewie for dinner

phpEfgqnjAM.jpg

Went away with the fellas last weekend for a Jewie and Flathead weekend at Mallacoota and I gotta say the fishing was the toughest I have seen for some time....We spent the whole weekend out on the water never coming in for the 3 days.......numbers of flathead caught was pretty average but still between us we managed three outstanding fish.

We arrived on Friday and that evening saw 2 awesome fish.

First up came a 7.3kg Jew....I actually called it for a big flathead......It fought very similar to the way a really big flathead fights....I thought for a moment that I might of cracked the magical mark but when I saw silver and Bronze the nerves kicked in more than ever.....Mallacoota jew on a lure........still buzzing.

phpZxTV24AM.jpg

Just as it was getting dark, we (myself and mialla) decided to hit a bank that we had seen previous success at and as we came around the corner we were like "oh no theres a boat in there".....it turned out to be our mates we were up there with and we could hear them yahooing.....we go over and Dave has landed himself the longest flathead I've seen with my own eyes.......An Absolute Monster of 98cm and there abouts 15lb...

What a beast.......( the Flathead I mean)

phpNWdm2QAM.jpg

Saturday was tough but Sunday saw another cracking fish.......the wind was blowing hard and the plastics were just not going well at all so there were a few Poddys collected and soaked over a couple of quieties.....the poddys went off .....a good feed of flathead were caught and then Mialla's rod went off again but this time it was a good fish.....

up came this 90cm girl....another beauty to finish off an amazing trip.

Two big girls Released ......Jewie for dinner

phpEfgqnjAM.jpg

Wow. Some monsters.

Top stuff

I was in the middle of eating a rice custard when i saw the picture of that mutant croc & half my rice custard almost ended up all over key pad :1yikes: You have got to be kidding me thats unbelievable well done. Flathead purists D.O.A ( DAMN THOSE PESKY JEWS ) :biggrin2: