Brisbane water 19 December

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Having recently moved to Woy Woy it’s been a while since I’ve been able to wet a line due to renovations and illness. The other weekend that was perfect conditions -  I planned to go out but we all got struck down with type A influenza (anyone else got it?).

Put the boat in at Blackwall Ramp. Rough around the edges Ramp but a lot easier than the surge you to have to deal with at Terrigal. It was hot- pushing 40 and I had the rig out and wasn’t the least bit cold. Bit of wind and the tides were all wrong but love the no crowd factor compared to weekends! Delayed start as I had to help a jet ski with a flat battery but pushed off to explore a new area.

Thought id try for flatties first, did some shallow water trolling and flicked a few lures around - zip.

maybe a few bream? Did a few drifts past the jetties and Moored  boats - tide was too low I think - no good.

what about a Jewie at the rip? I pulled a few good ones this time last year. Epic fail.

kept pushing down the system I noticed a few hundred metres away (port side) some surface activity. Found the bait! It was either garfish or some monster whitebaits. Moored downwind from the school and Threw a 35 gram metal upwind. Pulling the lure with the current I didn’t get a lot of time but it was enough to get the strikes. Over the next hour caught 15 Tailor, kept 6 big ones and let the littlies go. They were all well over legal (even the little ones) this was a bigger school of fish.

tried for flatties/Jewies again at half tide rocks but no good. There was a lot of bait there though I reckon a night session would have produced results. If only I had more time and had put some of the Tailor in the livewell.

the fish are in the esky still as I write this I’ll add a pic tonight. I’ll check the guts for the bait to see what it was.

Lol I'm as sick as a dog got a pretty shit cold hahaha.... I remember my mates dad pulling up a flathead at half tide rocks nearly 30 years ago dunno if I was just so small or what but the biggest I've ever seen I think would of went a metre hey.... Ahhh I miss Saltwater fishing.... Good report man 

Guest Guest123456789
13 minutes ago, Omally said:

Lol I'm as sick as a dog got a pretty shit cold hahaha.... I remember my mates dad pulling up a flathead at half tide rocks nearly 30 years ago dunno if I was just so small or what but the biggest I've ever seen I think would of went a metre hey.... Ahhh I miss Saltwater fishing.... Good report man 

Hope you’re feeling better. Weird strain this one no runny nose just a sore throat/fever headache and all over aches. A few of our friends had it too - completely wiped out!

Guest Guest123456789
32 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

nice work!

we must have a catch up fish one day

Thanks Anthony,

im a bit of a lone wolf mate when I comes to fishing. Maybe I’ll see you out on the water - do come over and say hi.

18 hours ago, antonywardle said:

Going outside Saturday morning to get the flathead that @zmk1962 didn't get on Tuesday ;-)

Nice one Mr Wardle !! ....   He he he.  Of course, being the sharing caring fishraider I had to leave some behind for you.... are we going to start keeping score ?   BTW, the very very subtle plug for ETEC has not gone unnoticed.

Best of luck on Saturday mate !

Cheers Z