Leave the chain attached

JonD

I always enjoy my little arvo drinky sesh at the ramp..but..i always offer help to anyone that's struggling..even the smallest tips can be a big help to some..and it always feels good when you get someone out of the poo and get a hearty thank you..ive had guys help me give a push on sandy ramps before and help when my winch cable broke..i like to think karma works so I stick to it...cheers guys

Was watching at Shoal Bay ramp today when I saw a f/g boat come in and beach quite hard, The guys said they forgot the bungs. 

They loaded it back onto the trailer and drained the boat, put the bung in and then while re launching, the boat was just into the water when it rolled off the trailer and hit the ramp.

poor buggars 

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Was watching at Shoal Bay ramp today when I saw a f/g boat come in and beach quite hard, The guys said they forgot the bungs. 

They loaded it back onto the trailer and drained the boat, put the bung in and then while re launching, the boat was just into the water when it rolled off the trailer and hit the ramp.

poor buggars 

Was this actually you Jeff :P

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Could of been worse and had boat issues too.Then you would have the trifecta.

Well technically I have as a bolt behind the steering wheel has come undone as well, didn’t affect the steering as it’s a mounting bolt but found it while checking everything.

today I am learning how to index the spark plugs on my Etec since these one are fouling. 

Edited by jeffb5.8

5 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

fouling plugs.???????should of got a yammie.bahahaha

Yeah I guess at least someone in Shoalbay / Nelson Bay might have spark plugs for it, Damn ETEC

my disappointments is that it was only serviced 10hrs ago, total of 42hrs on 2016 motor, but they didn’t change the plug as they said they will last 200hrs Pfft.

14 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Yeah I guess at least someone in Shoalbay / Nelson Bay might have spark plugs for it, Damn ETEC

my disappointments is that it was only serviced 10hrs ago, total of 42hrs on 2016 motor, but they didn’t change the plug as they said they will last 200hrs Pfft.

The boat dealer on Soldiers Point Road at Salamander Bay should have plugs, if they're open. They serviced my ETEC. Talk to Matt.

Interesting. I only went with the mandatory 3 year service on my 2014 motor in Jan 2017.  It runs like a dream.

2 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

The boat dealer on Soldiers Point Road at Salamander Bay should have plugs, if they're open. They serviced my ETEC. Talk to Matt.

Interesting. I only went with the mandatory 3 year service on my 2014 motor in Jan 2017.  It runs like a dream.

Ive owned two Etecs and never had any problems. You will always find some issues amongst the many outboards that get produced with any brand

On 1/1/2018 at 6:38 PM, jeffb5.8 said:

poor buggars 

Poor blokes!

Did they run over a black cat or something? :huh::D

Yeah I love mine, Quiet and awesome on fuel, but I don’t think my dealer is that great.

its had the injectors and spark plugs cleaned at 15hrs due to running rich and developing miss fire, said it had not switched over from the 10hrs run in period.

i then got it serviced in Oct at 33hrs as I found out by getting a yearly service it extends the warranty to 5yrs.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

im not actually pro yammie..ive owned johnos and mariners..it just seemed appropriate to stir jeff....trifecta  or goin for quaddie jeff...rick

You told me they were a great motor and you owned one lol (jokes) but seriously ?

9 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I have a 90hp yammie on my vsea and luv it...all motors are good when they are going..haha..rick

Speaking of motors "when they are going" ..... My wife always complains about the smell of our 2stroke Merc.... and I always tell her that smell is a "good thing"...it means the motor is working !!! ... and she should really start worrying when she can't smell it !!!

Cheers

Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Speaking of motors "when they are going" ..... My wife always complains about the smell of our 2stroke Merc.... and I always tell her that smell is a "good thing"...it means the motor is working !!! ... and she should really start worrying when she can't smell it !!!

Cheers

Zoran

Now the mercs... Can personally vouch for them had a 2000 model 25 hp and a 2006 lightning xr 40 hp outstanding motors... Me yammie still has to prove her self so far so good....

Edited by Omally

While on the ramp discussion, I advise everyone to check their tow ball hitch after a day on the water. Kids at several ramps have been lifting to tow ball clip so that the trailers pop off often as the boats are being driven onto the trailers. I had it done to mine and the boat came off as I drove up the road, the chains held it ok but the trailer smashed into the back of my 4x4 before getting wedged under the bumper.

Two days ago a semi travelling south stopped in town as the driver had lunch at a local cafe. Less than 1km from where he had been stopped his trailer came off rolling down a bank, this wasn't a little truck but a full sized semi and it turned out grown up kids had been messing with his hitch system. 

3 minutes ago, JonD said:

While on the ramp discussion, I advise everyone to check their tow ball hitch after a day on the water. Kids at several ramps have been lifting to tow ball clip so that the trailers pop off often as the boats are being driven onto the trailers. I had it done to mine and the boat came off as I drove up the road, the chains held it ok but the trailer smashed into the back of my 4x4 before getting wedged under the bumper.

Two days ago a semi travelling south stopped in town as the driver had lunch at a local cafe. Less than 1km from where he had been stopped his trailer came off rolling down a bank, this wasn't a little truck but a full sized semi and it turned out grown up kids had been messing with his hitch system. 

Think I'll be changing me r clip for a Lil pad lock... That's bad a