Big shark Botany Bay

Onthillside

Thanks heaps for all the comments guys. Most people are leaning toward some kind of whaler. I have sent the footage to a friend (marine biologists) who will be in a conference this week with a heap of shark gurus so might get a positive ID.

really was just pure luck for us to hook it and to have it on long enough to get some footage. I think it was a once in a life time opportunity for me.

i might also add, I have been talking about going shark fishing with my mate for a long time. We never actually ever went out on a trip. This was not planned at all and I have to admit I’m not really keen on going shark fishing again any time soon. When I realised I had hooked a shark the adrenaline was pumping and it was very exciting, but when it came out of the water and we saw the size of it, i could feel the blood draining from my face and the pale ghost look coming on hahahaha it was an absolutely scary moment and I have a healthy enough respect for these guys to not attempt fate again ?

30 minutes ago, Dalucius said:

Great report.

i would love to see your video but unfortunately iPad and iPhone cannot watch .mov files. Any chance you can change format to mp4?

I’m not sure why it has turned out like this. It’s odd because I loaded it on here with my iPad. I have the footage on my iPad and can see it no problem, but I can’t see it on this page when viewed on my iPad. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks

8 hours ago, Onthillside said:

I’m not sure why it has turned out like this. It’s odd because I loaded it on here with my iPad. I have the footage on my iPad and can see it no problem, but I can’t see it on this page when viewed on my iPad. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks

You can load it into iTunes and change it to mp4

Or google how to change .mov to .mp4

there are a other options.

Hmmmm.... Big shark hooked in Botany Bay earlier in the week and then today we have a suspected great white attack 20m from shore Botany Bay (La Perouse).... perhaps you should have landed the bugger Smasher (in the words of Jaws  - get a bigger boat!).....

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/sydney-shark-attack-just-20m-from-shore/news-story/cde4269e6ce62194ee11fe6878d37ee7

Cheers

Zoran

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Hmmmm.... Big shark hooked in Botany Bay earlier in the week and then today we have a suspected great white attack 20m from shore Botany Bay (La Perouse).... perhaps you should have landed the bugger Smasher (in the words of Jaws  - get a bigger boat!).....

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/sydney-shark-attack-just-20m-from-shore/news-story/cde4269e6ce62194ee11fe6878d37ee7

Cheers

Zoran

Maybe Smasher can get his hook and leader back from her leg ;)

Edited by Welster