Georges - Anzac morning flick

Ribs

Went out yesterday on the last of the run out for a 3 hour flick with my young fella and my mate who has now been converted to using plastics, no bait on my boat !

We caught 4 flatys at 45 48 56 68, and my son caught a blacky on his lure, which got him excited, he will be 6 in 2weeks  and he has now earned a decent new fishing rod/reel for his bday. He can now cast and retrieve so I'm proud he his developed the skills to flick lures and most importantly always keen for a qik flick with daddy!

Gave the two smaller models to a family fishing from the shore, they were pleased to take home a feed. IMG_3171.thumb.PNG.8b26ab13f4a1a516fb52e0b11d709859.PNGIMG_3172.thumb.PNG.0d471d271b1d740ac924d54ac7f10a73.PNG

Also over the weekend we got 8 muddys, released 3 big Jenny's and kept 5 bucks, biggest at 2.3kg. 

Once again flatys fillets for the kids and srilankan style crab curry for the adults. 

Thanks to all the diggers for doing what they did so we can all enjoy what we do????????????????

• Like 4

Great report Craig. It’s so good to see the young fella following in his dads footsteps! You are very generous mate, giving up a feed to a fellow fisho! Although, I never got any crabs in the mail??? :lol:

Keep the reports coming champ! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great report Ribs and especially the before and after shots of your catch. I hope that your son and yourself get to spend heaps of time together on the water. Life's good eh? Special thanks to all of the people past and present who have provided us with the freedom which we cherish today. bn

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Great report Craig. It’s so good to see the young fella following in his dads footsteps! You are very generous mate, giving up a feed to a fellow fisho! Although, I never got any crabs in the mail??? :lol:

Keep the reports coming champ! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Jeff , yes he loves his flicking and footy, better than the screen anyway. 

A couple of flatys( I've been catchin plenty) to a family with only a tailor in their bucket, their kids were stoked, benji not so much giving away our fish. Sorry No crabs in the mail bro, next season, and you don't want one those guys in your pants ?

16 hours ago, mii11x said:

The 68cm didnt have a lure(squidgy wriggler 70mm) in its mouth with a piece of 4lb flouro did it lol? 

Sorry Mick , however I use 10lb Fluro and lost a 70+ model last week  with my 130mm wriggler , 4lb silly string , I thought I was giving them a chance. 

15 hours ago, big Neil said:

Great report Ribs and especially the before and after shots of your catch. I hope that your son and yourself get to spend heaps of time together on the water. Life's good eh? Special thanks to all of the people past and present who have provided us with the freedom which we cherish today. bn

U said it BN, without them we as a nation are fk all. Lest we forget!

Young fellas got footy training tonight, game tomoro and fishing Sunday. Got appreciate the time together, as u never know when it will end! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, swano said:

Nice day out on the river for you.

Thats one mean looking crab !

Good on the young fella getting a blackfish on plastic, something Ive not done.

He,ll be hooked now.

Me too, little samaki green paddle tail, which he has caught whiting, flaty, tailor, bream and now a blacky, he's going ok that's for sure.... now gotta him a 60+ flaty,! That will sort him out ! 

56 minutes ago, seasponge said:

Great catch

Great feed

Great day

Great pics and

Great report

Where can I get some of those Dunhill SPs, they seem to do the trick ;)

? ..... need em mate, especially after a 3 hr session with my mate and son, not much fishing fir me When dealing with tangles and tying their uni and loop knots all morning. That's the joys , passing on the knowledge! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ribs said:

Sorry Mick , however I use 10lb Fluro and lost a 70+ model last week  with my 130mm wriggler , 4lb silly string , I thought I was giving them a chance. 

Ill keep an eye out