Lake Cathie- found a feed!!!

Scratchie

G’day raiders,

Just a quick report from up here! 

I’m currently up here watching 3 of my kids compete in the State Cup touch football competition. 

My wife manage to book us a great accommodation unit on Lake Cathie. So yesterday arvo I walked down to the inlet and threw hardbodies for half an hour. Managed a nice flatty (released) a few other hits and got smoked by a good one on 4lb. 

This arvo, I went back with Jnr looking for some fish with an upgraded leader. The boy said he was keen for fish tacos tomorrow night, so the plan was to keep a few! 

Beautiful afternoon and the fish didn’t disappoint us! 

Kept these 4 and managed another whilst the young fella was cleaning the fish! 

4DF8FEE3-15FB-4310-A27B-0EE4B2BBDD31.thumb.jpeg.536580f9ddcb455f34cbebdfb52aa2df.jpeg

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 12

Went to Lake Cathie about 44 years ago with a mates family on a camping trip. It was a great place then and we caught heaps of fish - mainly bream and whiting on beach worms - still remember it fondly.

Glad to hear it still produces.

Great pic of the flatties by the way.

9 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Excellent.

Love the photo.

Thanks mate! 

8 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Went to Lake Cathie about 44 years ago with a mates family on a camping trip. It was a great place then and we caught heaps of fish - mainly bream and whiting on beach worms - still remember it fondly.

Glad to hear it still produces.

Great pic of the flatties by the way.

Haha, well there’s some irony I’m 44 lol 😝 and the lake is still fishing good. We only went for an hour or so! 

8 hours ago, Welster said:

Nice catch Scatchie.   How’s the water quality at the moment?

Thanks! The lake could do with a good flush but it’s not too bad. 

8 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Nice work Scratchie ! They will make for very good eating

Cheers Sam. Dinners looking good tonight! 

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Hi,

Well done. Great photo.

Cheers.

Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Good work there Scratchie,  a change in the fishing scene. More relaxing than bouncing around the ocean all the time.

Cheers yowie! It was very relaxing with a beer at my feet and just simply casting away! 

• Haha 1

Cathie is an unreal fishery. Known for its Whiting on surface lures and Famous Prawns. Small but soooo sweet !! The Predators are there too !!  Glad you enjoyed it. Very relaxing place, to fish from a boat even. Has a calming effect on me. The Hastings some how is more hectic.  Howard .