Hen & Chicken Bay - what a cool spot!

dhype

Hi Raiders

I have not posted here for a few years and hope to be regular poster once again!  ( Facebook is just not the same)

Anyway, I was invite to lure fish Hen & Chicken Bay on Saturday with my old mate Bert who I actually meet on this site. Now , I live 2 minutes from H&C bay but never considered fishing it as it did not look fishy enough... how wrong was I!

Fished from 6:30pm to 8:30pm with small hard bodies and we caught a dozen or so good sized flathead and 6 or 7 bream. It was fanatics fun on the light rods and tiny lures... ecogear sx40 and Atomic doing the damage

It was amazing to see the amount of surface activity and fish holding in knee deep water!

Here is a few photos before it got dark... definitely be out there again... cant believe I waited this long to fish my backyard!

See you about raiders!

Trung / DHYPE

D2FE9816-36F9-4ADC-B4E3-D1DD82DC79B8.jpeg

12948AB7-D0FF-4D25-B501-F35A109A76E8.jpeg

C952280E-B571-49D1-8C43-AD4210506EB6.jpeg

8190D9B6-6EEE-4002-8898-43545E6341AE.jpeg

44670B52-C4EA-4EC2-B6C6-882F02EB2D94.jpeg

BE8A80B8-3082-4703-92D8-397DD25F381D.jpeg

F048A36E-7D24-4041-9345-9B6ACB36F3FB.jpeg

• Like 4

I was having a beer and lunch at Sydney Rowers today and between the Rowing Club and Abbotsford boat shed the large bream cruising between the wrecked boats were huge.

Every time the river cat pulled up they went crazy chasing either small prawns or mud skippers. To bad it’s on private property.

the guys fishing the Abbotsford ferry wharf were not getting anything.

3 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Brother!!!! Good to see you back posting again. Was there any stinky cod amongst the haul??? Haha 😂 

Keep then reports coming champ! 
cheers scratchie!!! 

Hey Stinky!

It been a long time buddy!  Hope your son and you you are doing well....

last time we fished together we were polling the big eye cock fish in Wepia!

I still fish heaps, Sydney Harbour mostly these day but have not posted  here for 5 or 6 years!

Expect a few more reports from me 

Catch up for a fish one of these days

Trung

2 hours ago, Welster said:

Great report Trung, it's great to see you are back. 

Cheers guys... watch out for all my posts where I will poll all the kingies, squid, flatties etc in Sydney Harbour! Hahahha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I was having a beer and lunch at Sydney Rowers today and between the Rowing Club and Abbotsford boat shed the large bream cruising between the wrecked boats were huge.

Every time the river cat pulled up they went crazy chasing either small prawns or mud skippers. To bad it’s on private property.

the guys fishing the Abbotsford ferry wharf were not getting anything.

Will keep this in mind next time I go for a flick on my boat... see if we can extract a few of these thumpers you are talking about :)

Edited by dhype

1 hour ago, dhype said:

Will keep this in mind next time I go for a flick on my boat... see if we can extract a few of these thumpers you are talking about :)

Aim between the small ramp for the rowing club and the old Sky Blue boat.