Port Stephens- Back for the New Year

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from up here today. 
Headed out with @back cruncher and his brother Paul early this morning. Left in total darkness knowing there was a 2m plus swell but we had faith in the Haines and arrived to pick up some livies. There were plenty of them but very reluctant to bite. Well, we’re throwing plastics anyway, so let’s go! 
Got to our first mark and the swell made it almost impossible to fish properly, so after I landed a rat king we moved. 
The drift then took a few different paths but we managed to work it out and I came up tight on a good fish. Phewwwww, something for the box. Same drift and I landed another for the esky and things went quiet. Changed areas and Mick picks up a nice panny. Changed areas again due to constant weed and finally Paul comes up tight on a panny. Still plagued by red weed we move again and first drift, Mick comes up tight and lands the next size model and fish of the day! We kept working the area, hoping to get Paul his first snapper on soft plastics and on our last drift, bang!!!! He loads up and into the esky it goes! 
Considering the swell and overall conditions, pretty happy with the days efforts! We seemed to have done better than most. Thanks again for the day Mick!!!

cheers scratchie!!! 
DBA8FB4E-E0A7-40FC-A13B-C2F6A40B28DF.thumb.jpeg.4153922b06baa95a173f686c4cc28a7e.jpeg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Nice work  this weather is givin me the willies  this wknd comin looks like a blowout too    glad to see there is still some reds

Cheers Rick! They are always there, just need to move to find them! 

Great stuff, Jeff! You had a better day than me! I drove to Sydney and back... left at 8:15am, arrived and parked at Seven Hills at 10:20, took care of our appointments, had a quick feed, back home by 2:45.... and that’ll do me for trips to Sydney for a while! 😂

17 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Jeff! You had a better day than me! I drove to Sydney and back... left at 8:15am, arrived and parked at Seven Hills at 10:20, took care of our appointments, had a quick feed, back home by 2:45.... and that’ll do me for trips to Sydney for a while! 😂

Thanks Baz. Well now you’ve sold your gardening equipment. Get out there! 

17 hours ago, jnrfinatic said:

Good work guys. Most likely gonna come up there in 2-3weeks or so, maybe I'll see you out there!

Well done 

Adem 

Cheers Adem. If you do come and say hi. Good luck 

15 hours ago, Sillek70 said:

Great fish boys, snapper masters 🙇‍♀️ 

Cheers mate! 

4 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Great effort guys in tough conditions, a good fish for all😎

Pretty happy that everyone got a decent one on sps! 

5 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

Go Scratchie

You guys always get your reds!

We do work hard for them but sometimes they come out to play! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

If there was no challenge then it would be like shooting fish in a barrel & become pretty boring soon after.

We all know it takes work but when you finally get the know how it becomes easier & you have definitely cracked the 'code'  up there. 

Nice 😁

Compared with our north compatriots we all work bloody hard for our fish down here. Just makes the rewards that much better! 

1 hour ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...it was a great day out in good company,and everyone caught a decent fish.it doesn’t get any better than that.

Couldn’t agree more champion. We all got a decent fish and to see your brother get rewarded for his efforts was mission accomplished  

Great report Scratchie. Sooo jealous as I was planning on heading up last night for an early morning sesh off Broughton to try some of the spots you suggested, but couldn’t get anyone to join me ( driving a bit of an issue).

hope too get up in February and trust the snapper will still be around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Great report Scratchie. Sooo jealous as I was planning on heading up last night for an early morning sesh off Broughton to try some of the spots you suggested, but couldn’t get anyone to join me ( driving a bit of an issue).

hope too get up in February and trust the snapper will still be around.

Thanks! Yes mate they are there year round. Just have to move to find them sometimes.