2 Big flatties in 10 minutes

jenno64

Headed out on Friday arvo for a quick fish in the Georges just before dark. Scrounged up some poddies and hit the water about 5pm. First drift over a drop off and I hook up with a very fiesty flatty on one line and a smaller one of my other line. Landed both and kept one for a feed going mid 60s. Just as I put her on ice a boatie motored right into my drift and said hi....not impressed I waited until the tide drifted him away and then took another drift on the same line and bang...on again within 10 minutes! Got this one in and she jumped out of  the net but got her into the yak and lined her up against my texta marks...she was about 75! Slipped her back into the water and pedalled home grinning on a glass out listening to my favourite tunes. Nice change from squidding:)

IMG_6882 (2).JPG

IMG_6883 (2).JPG

IMG_6884 (3).JPG

• Like 16

Some nice fish and in quick succession - great pics too.

I've found this time year consistently good for fatties both in Pittwater and Brisbane Waters. Not sure why, maybe they're feeding up before the winter slumber?

Well done

Fil

16 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Headed out on Friday arvo for a quick fish in the Georges just before dark. Scrounged up some poddies and hit the water about 5pm. First drift over a drop off and I hook up with a very fiesty flatty on one line and a smaller one of my other line. Landed both and kept one for a feed going mid 60s. Just as I put her on ice a boatie motored right into my drift and said hi....not impressed I waited until the tide drifted him away and then took another drift on the same line and bang...on again within 10 minutes! Got this one in and she jumped out of  the net but got her into the yak and lined her up against my texta marks...she was about 75! Slipped her back into the water and pedalled home grinning on a glass out listening to my favourite tunes. Nice change from squidding:)

IMG_6882 (2).JPG

IMG_6883 (2).JPG

IMG_6884 (3).JPG

Nice healthy looking lizards Good job.

the skipper

22 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Great work Jenno :thumbup:

Those poddies keep doing the job for you 👍

As long as I can find them I'll throw them on a hook:)

12 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good work there Rob, couple of nice fish.

Have had quite a few dopes motor into my drift, what is worse is that some anchor in the middle of the drift.

I had the last laugh Yowie. The lady on the front of his boat was casting whole green king prawns and pulling up hand sized bream! I just waited for one more drift when the tide took them away

10 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Some nice fish and in quick succession - great pics too.

I've found this time year consistently good for fatties both in Pittwater and Brisbane Waters. Not sure why, maybe they're feeding up before the winter slumber?

Well done

Fil

Fil

I normally stop targeting them in March but I was actually hoping for a jew. The weather looks on the turn now!

2 hours ago, Joeyd said:

Well done very nice where and how did you catch the poddy mullets any info would be a great help

Just use a simple trap on the sand flats with bread as bait:)