Clovelly Blackfish Session

AVR

Thought I would add to some winter rockfishing reports, had a great afternoons fishing down at Clovelly (Shark Point) Northern side on Friday.

Swell super low, nearing bottom of the tide, wind blasting Westerly (which is ok as coming from behind + flattening the swell). 

Started bottom of the cliffs furtherest Northern side, with some other ISO fishos doing well on silver trevally. Its not often safe enough to fish across on that platform but cliffs provided great protection from the Westerly wind.

Decided to try my luck without burley-ing up, baited up with some fresh green cabbage on medium sized sensitive float, 8lb leader, size 10 Gamakatsu green pan hooks, fishing about 1.5mts deep.

First down after about 15 minutes missed it, but from then on pretty consistant fish for about hr, then cooled off for a bit.

Moved back to the other side of the crack that separates cliff side to main platform, started to fish the wash out about 8-10 meters off to the left of the main open face, and picked up another 5.

Pretty good conditions for a day after the bronze battlers, all released safely. Attached a few shots, when I could squeeze my phone out.

WARNING: General service warning Clovelly (Shark Point) can be a particularly dangerous place to fish so please check you swell, wind, tides, cleats and lifejacket a must + legal requirement anyway. 

Safe Fishing

Lud 1.jpg

Lud 2.jpg

• Like 6