Fish for New Year's Eve

hookerbruce

As I'm a fisherman I was allocated the job of supplying some fish for a small gathering of friends 

Looking at the weather forecast decided I had better try and get some fish today. Headed out from gray's point and flshed off Jibbon for blue spots. First drift in 38-42 m produced 1keeper, decided to move shallower rather than deeper and found reasonable numbers 35 to 42 cm. 

Two drifts in 33 m produced another 8 keepers so I packed up and back at the ramp before the sout southerly. 

Part two of the meal calamari might be a bit harder to catch on wed.

20201228_193436.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks for the replies. 

I was pleasantly surprised when things did go to plan.  Took under 2 hours from leaving the ramp to having the boat back on the trailer.  Now to see if the squid cooperate in the hacking tomorrow. I'll have my young crew with me so it will be a full day of fishing. 

Thanks      Bruce

Don't we just love it.

My insignificant other half says "can you get us some fish for NYE hun - there's a good boy" and pats me on the head. And like an overzealous puppy, I lunge at the boat and get ready for a trip.

Then I bring the fish home like I have returned with the stick in my mouth.

Whichever dynamic we use to go fishing, it doesn't really matter.

So long as we are out there doing what we love, then we will always be that happy puppy.

Well done Bruce.

• Haha 1