Crowdy Head- Time away with the boy!

Scratchie

Hey Scratchie - you are not on your own with the Mac Tuna. Everyone is having the same problem. General consensus is 5 macs to one mackeral (plus Tax). We call them cat fish cause I take a couple to feed the pets. Why don't mac tuna get taxed!!!??? Hopefully Fish_More has better luck

26 minutes ago, Hoods said:

Hey Scratchie - you are not on your own with the Mac Tuna. Everyone is having the same problem. General consensus is 5 macs to one mackeral (plus Tax). We call them cat fish cause I take a couple to feed the pets. Why don't mac tuna get taxed!!!??? Hopefully Fish_More has better luck

We do have 2 cats, so one Mac tuna might end up strip baits and cat food.

They are still fun to catch and if my 9 year old got on to one, it would be a good fight for him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Havnt given up  just havnt been   too much work

Good to hear mate

2 hours ago, Hoods said:

Cos they aren’t worth the fight they put up! Absolute pests! 

13 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Absolutely fabulous being out fishing with  family and to catch such quality fish to boot !  Will the jew end up on the wall of fame? .... is there any room left !

Cheers Z

Haha thanks Zoran. He can start his own wall. He’s a big boy now lol 

7 hours ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...well done as usual Jeff.

somebodies got Jewy fever.

Cheers Mick. The boy loves chasing Jew! 

4 hours ago, Fish_More said:

Was going to try for an early start at Curphy Shoal, then maybe head down towards Diamond Head for an explore.  Have picked up the map from the Marine Rescue on a previous trip.

More than happy to take suggestions.  What general direction did you head?

We only fished curphey shoal. But mermaids and Giles worth a look too. But find the bait, find the fish. A few areas were devoid of bait but when we found them, the fish starting coming! 

22 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Brilliant result Jeff and what a stonker of a Jewie for your young bloke. We’re the livies Yakkas or slimies?

Cheers Bob. 
Jewie was caught on soft plastic as were the snapper. Mack’s were eating both slimies and yakkas! 

27 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Some good looking weather, great fish, lifetime memories & all covid safe.

We are in the lucky country :thumbup:

Good on you team Scratchie 😉

Cheers KC. 
It’s great exploring new areas and coming up trumps! 🤙

Great report scratchie. Your reports leave me scratching my head. I seem to do a lot of the same things you do but rarely get the results you do. You certainly inspire me to keep trying. 

On 4/24/2021 at 10:15 AM, TK01 said:

Great report scratchie. Your reports leave me scratching my head. I seem to do a lot of the same things you do but rarely get the results you do. You certainly inspire me to keep trying. 

Thanks mate! 
All I can say is “just keep casting” 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Magic pics and post Scratchie. Even better to have your son get a trophy fish. I wish I could get mine off the computer to join me for a bash!

Cheers Rob. Definitely a challenge with computers. I just rip the wifi out! 🤣