(Real) Sydney snapper

Jp2

Hi guys, headed south of Sydney for a red or 2 yest. Right at the death as we were about to pull up stumps this PB 72cm jumps on my nemesis gulp using 10lb braid. After a good fight and a scare from a mako we headed home with half a dozen reds. Floated strip baits out fished the plastics today. Great conditions for it as there was little drift.

2EAECDB5-33ED-4DC6-8974-7844E4B2B8C5.jpeg

• Like 18

15 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Nice reddie there champ.

Looks like Bellambi behind you there...your miles away from Sydney bud.🤣

I still call it Sydney as I left from my home port of port Botany. So still Sydney to me.🤪

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

I love it....that is commitment 

Its a long run from botany heads to the humps 

Very good for the back!! Have had some horrid runs home punching 35km into a howling nor Easter!!

16 minutes ago, Jp2 said:

Very good for the back!! Have had some horrid runs home punching 35km into a howling nor Easter!!

Ouch !!! Your much better off doing the drive down to Bellambi. From therr you have more options too because ive had days where the humps are wasteland and reefs off bellambi and towards wollongong are firing

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Welster said:

Cracking red mate well done.  Its amazing how often those casts or drops cast produce.   What depth were you in?

Thank you mate, usually first light is best but this time we found a heap of bait in 60m which we were dropping on which produced half a dozen quality fish later in morning. We usually travel down in the dark then fish till 10/11am then shoot home. 

• Thanks 1

The last 3 times my neighbour towed and launched near Bellambi way, his boat rollers were stolen, his friend's boat rollers were stolen (and he launched the fibreglass boat onto the trailer without realising that - very expensive repair) and the trailer locking pin was pinched, so when he towed out, the trailer jacked in the middle, and the leg and prop hit the driveway.

He won't be going back, something like *#@* you housie trash. 😡 Too much hassle dealing with insurance companies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

The last 3 times my neighbour towed and launched near Bellambi way, his boat rollers were stolen, his friend's boat rollers were stolen (and he launched the fibreglass boat onto the trailer without realising that - very expensive repair) and the trailer locking pin was pinched, so when he towed out, the trailer jacked in the middle, and the leg and prop hit the driveway.

He won't be going back, something like *#@* you housie trash. 😡 Too much hassle dealing with insurance companies.

Near Bellambi...or at Bellambi?

Its a very busy ramp. People there all the time. Been there dozens of times with no problems

10 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Near Bellambi...or at Bellambi?

Its a very busy ramp. People there all the time. Been there dozens of times with no problems

He mentioned Bellambi as that is where he fishes, so cannot tell you exactly which one (and I have not been there myself) It might be a quieter ramp that he launches from, as he does not like the busy ramps.