Georges quick luderick trip

hookerbruce

Left home at 3:50 this afternoon got back home at 5:20 pm. Had some green weed in the shed for a month, not very good but it worked. Fished Georges river for about an hour, the fish were there but the bites very timid.We kept 6 28cm plus, released a couple more legals and few small ones. Good weather and an encouraging start to the season. 

20210520_171206.jpg

• Like 10

Nothing better than fresh Blackfish, filleted, skinned, rolled in some flour and cooked in hot oil, all my family eat them as fast as I can cook them, I cut the fillet in half lengthwise to get all the bone out, and they end up like kind of long and thin "fingers", the bottom of the fillet is small if it's not a big fish, but I try to only keep big ones.

10 hours ago, noelm said:

Nothing better than fresh Blackfish, filleted, skinned, rolled in some flour and cooked in hot oil, all my family eat them as fast as I can cook them, I cut the fillet in half lengthwise to get all the bone out, and they end up like kind of long and thin "fingers", the bottom of the fillet is small if it's not a big fish, but I try to only keep big ones.

Sand whiting, that I caught on Wednesday, out rank them - ate some crumbed fillets tonight. 😋

• Like 1