Last couple of outings

hookerbruce

Friday 20 th aug went solo fished from Jibbon down to Marley.  Had a couple of drifts for flathead plenty good size up near the hacking down near marley they were smaller.

Fished headlands and reefy areas for wrass and coutta sweep, got 2 good squid near the bommie and kept 10 flathead 42 - 52 cm.

Monday was a bit windy fished Georges 50 min no bites went home

Thursday fished Georges and the fish were there caught heaps kept first couple then started throwing back fish keeping a couple here and there. Ended up keeping 8 fish 30-37 cm. A quick trip on fri provided a couple of 39 cm fish plus plenty of throw backs. Luckily Georges river is only 3 klm from home and I can find a spot to myself.

Resized_20210820_162538.jpeg

Resized_20210827_094505.jpeg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Envious of you Bruce, good on you. 👍

Hi Gordon I'm lucky live not far from the river, have found a couple of new rocks to fish off and still allowed to fish within the limits 

I 've booked to go to weipa again next year haven't confirmed any of the details, after covid cancelling two years might be 3rd time lucky

Bruce 

• Like 1

Very nice there Bruce, still plenty of blackfish about.

The day you headed out, mate and I headed out after 2pm and the wind picked up. We were on the first drift and mate's wife called, she was heading to hospital with a problem, so we made another drift and headed home.

7 flatties between us, not as big as yours but enough for a feed.

5 hours ago, Yowie said:

Very nice there Bruce, still plenty of blackfish about.

The day you headed out, mate and I headed out after 2pm and the wind picked up. We were on the first drift and mate's wife called, she was heading to hospital with a problem, so we made another drift and headed home.

7 flatties between us, not as big as yours but enough for a feed.

The blackfish had gone . I think the rain last week may have moved them down the river a bit. My son and grandsons got these down the river early this morning. 

651891130.jpg

1 minute ago, hookerbruce said:

The blackfish had gone . I think the rain last week may have moved them down the river a bit. My son and grandsons got these down the river early this morning. 

651891130.jpg

Nothing wrong with them.

I might be heading out tomorrow morning.