Port Hacking again

Yowie

Headed out early this morning near Lilli Pilli. Knew the weather would be no good this week. 

Pulled the jew early, 11 pound mono, and he took a lot of line on the first run. A quick photo, a bit blurry in the early morning light, then released.

The reddies were not too big, but once nice pannie in amongst them. The tailor took the last bait I threw out, ganged hooks in it's throat and gills and would not have released O.K., so kept it. Also released a salmon about the size of the tailor.

Pillies, squid strips and salted fish strips for bait - could not catch any yakkas, not even a bite on the bait line. The wind picked up a bit after a couple of hours of fishing, and turned to the south so headed home.

fish.jpeg.316_files_files.jpg

fish.jpeg.317_files_files.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Restyle said:

awesome haul!

can you by any chance catch yakkas out of a drain? you seem to pull out a good feed anywhere you go

Thank you.

The fishing is not normally this good so early in spring. May be not too many fishos out, but over the weekend the Hacking was jam packed with every type and size of boat you could buy.

59 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Very fortunate @Yowie to be able to sneak out ... great catch again ... you really have the co-ordinates for  Costi's reef dialled in !

Cheers Zoran

Nothing to do with Costi, Claudios, Musumeci, Doyles or any other fish shops. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Fantastic effort Yowie...the fish certainly turned up after the boat show on the weekend☺️

Good on you for releasing the jew as you sure did get some nice red fillets:)

What time did you get on the water.....must have been breezy?

Was not too breezy earlier on, anchored up when the first light appeared on the horizon.

While jewies are not too bad on the plate, the reddies are much better.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Great effort as always mate.You probably caught more than all the weekend warriors combined that were there on the weekend.

Thank you. It was as busy as Pitt Street on the water, and the beach was packed as well. I had an early swim on Sunday morning at Wanda, not too many waves, and the water is still cool.

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Thank you. It was as busy as Pitt Street on the water, and the beach was packed as well. I had an early swim on Sunday morning at Wanda, not too many waves, and the water is still cool.

They can have that.I'm at my happiest when any pest(human) is a kilometer away from me and it seems the fish are too.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tobycb said:

Well done again Yowie, whats the tempo in the Hacking at the moment?

Regards, Toby

Thank you. Don't know the water temp, don't have a gauge or depth sounder or any fancy gear, but I would rate it in the old terms - ball shriveling cold.  :074:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Yowie said:

Thank you. Don't know the water temp, don't have a gauge or depth sounder or any fancy gear, but I would rate it in the old terms - ball shriveling cold.  :074:

I’d state that is a very accurate temp measurement…. for males. Probably better than my transducer. 
cheers Zoran 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Fab1 said:

They can have that.I'm at my happiest when any pest(human) is a kilometer away from me and it seems the fish are too.😂😂

Fab - 

fish.jpeg.319_files_files.jpg

Edited by Yowie
  • Haha 4