South West Arm Port Hacking

Isaac Ct

As per usual, the morning ritual of getting up at 4:30 and launching at Yowie Bay at 5:30 was upheld as I decided to pick up a mate from Wally's Wharf, plenty of space to spread out on the boat. Headed to the usual spot in Gooseberry Bay and immediately started to pull in small tailor and snapper. Had a massive school of whitebait under the boat for ages but couldn't get the salmon or tailor to hit the lures or baits. Plenty of small tarwhine also before the big trev came along. Measured at 42cm, caught on peeled prawns. Also pulled up a Gurnard but decided to release as it was only lip hooked. Then travelled up the arm and moored next to the bigger boats, I usually find they do the berleying for you. First drop and pulled out a nice bream, 30cm and no chance of survival. A yakka school showed up so kept a couple for next trips bait. More snapper and tailor before we moved to the 4 knot marker to pick up some leatherjackets for the neighbours. We managed 3 nice Yellowfin jackets then caught, a six-spined jacket, a gunters wrasse, a weed whiting, a small blackfish, a cuttlefish on pillies and a little flattie. Not a bad day at all, 14 species in one day, that has gotta be some sort of record. 

2121755295_IMG_0028copy.thumb.jpg.24a1483da5826e0f7319b480cac1f23b.jpg

Cheers Isaac CT

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Good stuff Isaac, 14 species in a day that's great.

Also good to see you know your species to.

Thanks mate, when I was young my dad had a 600 page book on the fish and freshwater and saltwater Australia so I try my best sometimes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pickles said:

You’re really getting out a bit, which is great - lots of experience and lots of fun

Thanks mate, I am fortunate enough to live very close to the hacking so I go out in my spare time.

12 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice Trev 👍

Getting quite used to it now. That's our 7th one over 40cm in our last 6 trips.