big snapper and gummy

kobi caught a fish

went out yesterday morning with my dad and brother. first we went around the (Jibbon) bombie there was yellow tail every where my dad put one out for live bait but didn't get any hits.  then we pulled out a flounder, just legal snapper and a rock cod but was a bit quiet. then we moved out to the flathead grounds we started in in 30m of water getting lots of small ones and just legal ones then i caught a bigger one at 51cm. we then moved out to around 50m of water and most drops getting a legal one spot whiting and we also got some red spot whiting and two small gurnard the time we finished the drift we were in 60m of water we then had another drift only keeping some.

we then moved back to the bombie i had a solid hit on my line struck and hooked up with what thought was a port Jackson shark then saw colour and it was a 1.1m gummy it was quickly on the boat and in the esky. next drop i have another solid hit it is a huge rock cod then we see a couple of king fish in the berley trail so my dad threw out a pilchard head after not to long the rod screams off and my dad is hooked up to what we thought was a small kingfish then it got to the net and was a big snapper it measured 68cm 3.38kg it was a very successful day with lots of big fish. all fish were caught on 15 pound braid except the snapper which wSnapper-Shark.thumb.jpg.06e46f20b60c7957403b3077ec262907.jpgas on 3kg

kobi

Dad-Snapper.thumb.jpg.0781baa034544a019ddbcffc30aaa8b2.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, oceans said:

good work! I love rock fish.

and I love to eat rock fish with sashimi.( with soysaurce and japanese hoouseradish )or( grated radish and binneger soysauce )

thankyou

9 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Its not just the dorsal spikes you have to watch  there are lots on their head and gills

i didn't touch those spikes either i put my finger in the mouth and held the belly

Great combined catch, someone must have taught your father to fish so he could take you. Not a bad looking boat you’re in.

See you got my message the pieces of snapper, rock cod and gummy have arrived here and will taste nice for dinner.

29 minutes ago, hookerbruce said:

Great combined catch, someone must have taught your father to fish so he could take you. Not a bad looking boat you’re in.

See you got my message the pieces of snapper, rock cod and gummy have arrived here and will taste nice for dinner.

thankyou, and it is not a bad looking boat at all🙂

23 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Great combined catch, someone must have taught your father to fish so he could take you. 

🤣  Wonder who that is Bruce?

I told him to listen to Grandpa.

Edited by Yowie