Raider Amigos - catchup

Pickles

Three Amigos (Big Neil, Derek D and Pickles) had a great day catching up doing what fisho’s do (talking about important world issues that promote peace, harmony and happiness, like- the best rigs, tackle and techniques for various species we chase).

We had planned to have a fishing session to chase Kingies in the harbour and then a feed of Flatties with Zoran along also, but God had other plans as the weather turned sour with seas ans swell against us.

We did however spend about 4 hours making (10) sinkers. Thanks to Dereks expertise with pliers and wires, manufacturing loops for snapper leads and Neil’s skills prepping the moulds, the 10 or so sinkers we did make, were “art work”. In fact they are too good to use for the time and effort that went into them and may end up in the trophy cabinet. 

We did however eat wet  having  a fish in the dam with Neil trying out some feralcatt lures (Greg Cat) and Derek on fly.

Even though we didn’t get out in the boat it was great to catch-up with these two champion Fish Raiders and we all agreed how grateful we were for Donna, Stewy, Dave, Jeff and the other administrator / moderators (apologies to those I’ve neglected) for the time, effort and input they invest to the site - Blessings to you for a much appreciated job that you do.

C974D29A-C2EF-4BD9-8B2A-21EBAC3884A3.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frankS said:

Every time I see Derek it reminds me of Charles in M A S H .

Frank

:mfr_lol:

Someone also suggested Mr Incredible and once I saw it I haven't been able to get it out of my head. This was when I had a little more hair along the centre strip.

Traumatized Mr. Incredible - Meming Wiki

• Haha 1

Hi Bob (and Neil),

Thanks for an amazing day yesterday. The drive up there was worth it alone to see a section of greater Sydney I've not seen a lot of in the past. Then when I arrived it got even better. A lot of fishing related chatting. Making sinkers. I got close and personal with one of Bob's pets he has raised from young (hopefully photo to follow). The trip to his lure making friend Greg was a great learning experience and I got some lovely photos of some amazing looking lures. See below. I liked the paint job on two of them so much that I bought them with the understanding I'd probably never use them. Then a fish on his dam and then later dinner and the opportunity to meet Bob's lovely wife.

Memories are made from days like these.

IMG_9469-2000.thumb.jpg.4a9191a4cf8d394134206a9529983812.jpgIMG_9470-2000.thumb.jpg.19f2113520515570dbf565e6bdd3a6d2.jpgIMG_9472-2000.thumb.jpg.7cd863b7996a6b76ff9b2629c0a88fb6.jpgIMG_9471-2000.thumb.jpg.f38f4ff2637d82b00878ecab13ab7585.jpgIMG_9462-2000.thumb.jpg.00e77bb4557863fdcd60474787b49edf.jpgIMG_9463-2000.thumb.jpg.2221704c3ed9b8274165d70facfcd5aa.jpgIMG_9464-2000.thumb.jpg.7c2db9f958dc9921dcdc6f3f8655df21.jpgIMG_9465-2000.thumb.jpg.b36ef73c5df9c05feacbda1242520541.jpgIMG_9466-2000.thumb.jpg.71360c13f082ab2cf4bfa6b6a4836e3b.jpgIMG_9468-2000.thumb.jpg.bda5f566d9acd90a8774e62d342728e5.jpg

IMG_9467-2000.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Three Amigos (Big Neil, Derek D and Pickles) had a great day catching up doing what fisho’s do (talking about important world issues that promote peace, harmony and happiness, like- the best rigs, tackle and techniques for various species we chase).

We had planned to have a fishing session to chase Kingies in the harbour and then a feed of Flatties with Zoran along also, but God had other plans as the weather turned sour with seas ans swell against us.

We did however spend about 4 hours making (10) sinkers. Thanks to Dereks expertise with pliers and wires, manufacturing loops for snapper leads and Neil’s skills prepping the moulds, the 10 or so sinkers we did make, were “art work”. In fact they are too good to use for the time and effort that went into them and may end up in the trophy cabinet. 

We did however eat wet  having  a fish in the dam with Neil trying out some feralcatt lures (Greg Cat) and Derek on fly.

Even though we didn’t get out in the boat it was great to catch-up with these two champion Fish Raiders and we all agreed how grateful we were for Donna, Stewy, Dave, Jeff and the other administrator / moderators (apologies to those I’ve neglected) for the time, effort and input they invest to the site - Blessings to you for a much appreciated job that you do.

C974D29A-C2EF-4BD9-8B2A-21EBAC3884A3.jpeg

Top stuff guys ... pity the weather didn't play along and the trip out couldn't materialise... next time ... us fishos are known to be patient critters.

2 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Love the mugs Bob - was that a present from your former workmates?

The mugs ! ... I did a double take ... coz at first I counted 5 mugs ... 3 were only so so ... not really present material ! 

Then I saw the "importanter" ones and and the glass half full ... so I guess it was symbolising hope.

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 2

Bob. Seems as you know Greg, you probably know a couple of my other mates, Tony Devine and John Bethune, I haven't seen either of them for a few years and was wondering how they are getting along ?.

We probably have a few discussions that could be interesting.

Frank

6 hours ago, frankS said:

Bob. Seems as you know Greg, you probably know a couple of my other mates, Tony Devine and John Bethune, I haven't seen either of them for a few years and was wondering how they are getting along ?.

We probably have a few discussions that could be interesting.

Frank

Yep, unfortunately John died quite a few years ago. Would love to catch-up Frank.

11 minutes ago, Mike Sydney said:

I’m no fish, but if that pink one with the Mohawk wobbled past me I’d probably follow it myself 🥰

Hmmmm..... I'll have to test that. I liked the paint jobs so much I bought the pink and gray ones.